They had no reason to attack young legspinner Mayank Markande. After his three-wicket haul in his IPL debut against CSK, Markande accounted for the dismissals of four of the top five SRH wickets and straightaway confirmed a belief that MI's fortunes would largely hinge on his capacity to take wickets a bagful. Moreover, MI's bowling has been impressive. Why were they given the man of the match?
In addition, one is not sure what the role of their start all-rounder Kieron Pollard is. By the time Saha lost his wicket, he had scored an additional 18 runs.
In his absence, big brother Krunal Pandya could be pushed up the order as Hardik did not play in the game against Sunrisers. The top table teams now are the Sunrisers Hyderabad and the Chennai Super Kings who have been successfully won both their games. They might bring Daniel Christian back in place of Morris or Vijay Shankar or their latest entrant Liam Plunkett as well. Giving local boy, India U-19 star Prithvi Shaw his maiden IPL cap will not be a bad idea to set the ball rolling on his home turf. They might get a game here following back-to-back defeats.
Out of 20 encounters in IPL, MI holds the lead with 11 wins against DD. Mustafizur Rahman followed it up with an incredible penultimate over, conceding just 1 run and picking up two crucial wickets to turn the game on its head.
It is crucial for MI, as much for DD, to open their account at their earliest as initial losses will only make their qualification for the Play-offs that much more hard with every passing match.
Not normally renowned for his batting exploits, the 23-year-old showed no signs of nerves as he faced up to fellow Queenslander Ben Cutting to face the final ball of the match with one wicket remaining and one run needed to win. The teams right through this IPL have batted second.
The Punjab-born wrist spinner has been relying mostly on googlies as his wicket-taking balls and his performance would be key to Mumbai's success.
The third wicket pair of Ishan Kishan (batting 36 off 19balls) and captain Rohit Sharma (13 off 11 balls) have already put on 49 runs from 28 balls to build on the 102-run platform provided by the openers Ewin Lewis and Suryakumar Yadav.
- US claims it has "high level of confidence" Syria behind chemical attack
- Zynga Inc. (ZNGA) Stock Price stands -4.14% away from 20 SMA
- Zuckerberg addresses rumours about Facebook tapping your microphone
- US, Britain, France launch air strikes in Syria
- Two Vancouver-area police officers arrested, released in Cuba
- President Trump to Look at Re-Entering Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Knicks dismiss head coach Jeff Hornacek
- AB de Villiers Takes RCB Home Against KXIP
- Russia Knows Responsible for Sketch of Chemical Attack in Syria
- Use of chemical weapons in Syria 'simply inexcusable': Mattis