A weak cold front moves in Wednesday, impacting temperatures very little. Winds will shift from the north to the south tonight, warming temperatures into the 80s Monday afternoon. "1" to 2" of rain (with possible minor street flooding), damaging wind (up 40 to 60 mph), and the possibility of downed trees and power lines. We've been so dry, for so long that it's going to take more than one rain-maker to bust our drought, but the extended forecast is looking pretty encouraging for a springtime soaker next Friday and Saturday. Overnight we fall into the mid to upper 30s. Some areas, including Fond du Lac and Sheboygan, are expected to get a quarter-inch of ice accumulation by Sunday morning.
Rain and storms will gradually clear out from the west late Sunday and usher in much cooler air!
It may not be time to fish out the factor 50 just yet, but the sunshine and warm weather brings a welcome change from the usual carry-on!
SATURDAY NIGHT DETAILS: Expect partly to mostly cloudy skies and the risk for a stray shower will be minimal, around 10-20%. Breezy. Temperatures Falling into the Lower 60s. Due in part to balmy and elevated south breezes, daytime temperatures will peak in the mid -70s near the coast to near 80 elsewhere.
After a sunny weekend, Fresno residents can expect showers and maybe even thunder on Monday, said Kevin Durfee, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Hanford.
Morning lows Monday for back to school/work will be chilly, if not cold.
Plan your day with an hour-by-hour forecast tailored for home, work or anywhere on-the-go.
Conditions range from severe weather in the lower Mississippi River Valley and southeast to blizzard conditions in the Northern Plains and upper Midwest. For now, severe weather doesn't appear to be a threat.
- Facebook under fire for Cambridge Analytica data leak
- UCL: Zinedine Zidane weighs in on penalty incident, Gianluigi Buffon's dismissal
- Snowstorm Forces Jets To Fly Back To Winnipeg
- Long Ball: Gryphons hit six home runs in rout of rival Knights
- Treasure just misses a medal at Commonwealth Games
- Cristiano Ronaldo hugs Gianluigi Buffon after dramatic Champions League clash
- Singer Assala says war-torn Syrians dream of 'merciful death'
- Guardiola charged with improper conduct after Liverpool defeat
- Putin condemns strike on Syria, calls for United Nations emergency meeting
- Stormy Daniels may appear at hearing for Trump lawyer