The Congress' Maharashtra unit will hold candle-light protests across Mumbai and Maharashtra on Sunday to protest against the recent horrifying rape incidents in Unnao and Kathua.
In the Unnao case, a 17-year-old girl has alleged that she was raped by BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar at his residence on June 4, 2017.
According to the police chargesheet, Sanji Ram, the caretaker of the temple, in Rassana village in Kathua, about 90 km from here, as the main conspirator behind the abduction, rape and killing.
The case has been handed over to the CBI and Sengar was on Saturday sent into a seven-day custody of the Central Bureau of Investigation.
The ruling PDP thanked the BJP leadership for taking resignations of the two leaders. "This is all your figment of imagination", Madhav said in his reply to a query from a reporter that the PDP had threatened to walk out of the alliance if the two ministers did not resign.
The heinous rape and murder of the eight-year-old Asifa, of the nomadic Muslim Bakerwal community, in Kathua, Jammu, has completely shocked the nation. I do not say she was our only child, she was everyone's child. "I demand rapists should be hanged", Nirbhaya's mother said at the venue of DCW chief Swati Maliwal's indefinite hunger strike.
Before she was strangled and hit twice with a heavy rock for good measure, one of the men stopped the killer to rape her one last time, the police said. But once the facts regarding the horrific crime started coming to the fore, people poured their hearts out condemning the criminals. Justice will be done.
They also demanded two former BJP ministers Chowdhary Lal Singh and Chander Prakash Ganga be disqualified from politics for life for their support to the accused in the case.
The resignation of the ministers came soon after PM Modi assured justice for the little girl.
A spokesperson for United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres was responding to a question on the rape and murder of the girl during a daily press briefing at the UN. It read, "I am Hindustan".
In the most recent case, the death of a 9-year-old girl in Surat, whose body was covered in 80 wounds, emerged on Saturday.
Ram Madhav, who is in-charge of party affairs in J-K, said that the two ministers made it clear that they never meant to create hurdles in the investigations of the rape-murder of Kathua girl.
- Long Ball: Gryphons hit six home runs in rout of rival Knights
- Cristiano Ronaldo hugs Gianluigi Buffon after dramatic Champions League clash
- Stormy Daniels may appear at hearing for Trump lawyer
- Putin condemns strike on Syria, calls for United Nations emergency meeting
- Trump Promises Decision on Military Action Against Syria in Next Two Days
- Treasure just misses a medal at Commonwealth Games
- Pentagon says Syria strikes 'hit every target'
- Sebastian Vettel on pole for Chinese Grand Prix
- Toronto Raptors vs. Washington Wizards - 4/17/18 NBA Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- President Trump: US launches strikes on Syria