Incensed by the decision, Chiellini referred to last season's controversial quarter-final between Madrid and Bayern, who lost 4-2 at the Bernabeu and 6-3 on aggregate after Ronaldo's extra-time victor came from an offside position, while Arturo Vidal was sent off.
The goal was enough to give the two-time defending champion a 4-3 aggregate win and avoid nerve-racking extra time after the Italian side had erased a seemingly insurmountable deficit from the first leg.
Referee Michael Oliver found himself in a sea of yellow shirts and sent Gianluigi Buffon off before the spot kick was even taken by Ronaldo, who converted it, of course.
While Juventus players raged at the awarding of the penalty, Marca's front page simply reads "It was a penalty!", with a picture of Medhi Benatia appearing to push Lucas Vazquez from behind.
We saw 90 minutes of an unbelievable game with such a fearless effort from Juventus coming back from 3 goals down away from home and leveling it in Madrid.
"We suffered, but we need to learn from this".
Under vast pressure of the occasion, Cristiano Ronaldo showed admirable composure and smashed the ball right into the net securing Real's spot in the semis.
Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 10 Champions League goals against Juventus - the most by one player against a one opponent in the competition.
But Barcelona were swept aside with Roma winning 3-0 to book their place in the semi-finals of the competition.
Real have endured a poor season so far in La Liga, sitting fourth in the table and 15 points adrift of runaway leaders Barca, who capitulated on Tuesday night to go out of the Champions League.
"I don't think that he deserves to go out in this way, but there's no going back on it now".
"At halftime I told them things had to change and we couldn't continue like this". Only European champions Real Madrid can better Bayern's tally of 11 semi-final appearances in the Champions League.
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos Is Facing a ban in the first leg of the semi-finals after an altercation with Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri.
"When people talk about it being a robbery I get angry - it is clear what we are doing annoys a lot of people", Zidane said today.
- Putin condemns strike on Syria, calls for United Nations emergency meeting
- Singer Assala says war-torn Syrians dream of 'merciful death'
- Syria strikes punitive but not game-changing
- Hamilton quickest in both practice sessions for Chinese GP
- Trump speaks to UK, French leaders after strikes
- United Nations rejects Russian call to condemn Syria strikes
- UN Security Council rejects Russian Federation draft resolution slamming strike on Syria
- National Basketball Association playoffs are wide open, for once
- Cristiano Ronaldo hugs Gianluigi Buffon after dramatic Champions League clash
- US Strikes Syria In Response To Suspect Chemical Attack