"This season has been incredible and the football we've played has been the best I've been involved with while at the club". It's hard to judge Manchester City's exact spot among the Premier League's greatest sides. Pep Guardiola on another hand further cemented his legacy in history books as he became the first Spanish manager to win the league title in England.
The club captain, a solid figure in centre of the team's defence, and also the official Club "Player of the Year" for four consecutive seasons, Dunne was a central figure in the pre-ADUG Man City team.
"We can't just stop at one Premier League title if we go on", City defender Kyle Walker said.
"I've seen many teams win it where they've been champions all season and it's a first for me". Having fought their way back from two goals down to prevail 3-2, the Red Devils have shown that they are capable of competing with the best in the business.
We've been out talking to some City fans about how they feel about their win and whether the wait was worth it.
At +68, City are within three of the goal difference record of +71 set by Chelsea in that same 2009-10 season.
Swansea, West Ham, Huddersfield, Brighton and Southampton stand in the way of City smashing five league records produced by previous champions and few would bet against them doing it. "Our City. Premier League Champions 17/18".
Given the way it has demolished all challengers in the league, it was apparent months ago that it was only a matter of when rather than if City would take the title.
It probably wasn't the ideal way to seal glory, but City won't care too much.
Guardiola has mastered the art of winning domestic trophies, and City will be the overwhelming favorite to retain the Premier League title - a feat the club has never achieved. You have to try to be more consistent next season.
Instead, some players had even left the country after being given a couple of days off by Guardiola.
- Man City One Win Away From Title After Defeating Spurs
- Risks loom for Comey's book blitz
- Stephen Curry Knee Injury to Be Re-Evaluated in 1 Week
- Pentagon Says 'Mission Accomplished' With Missile Strikes On Syria
- EPL: Mourinho reacts to Man City winning title, blasts Man United players
- Area Republicans: Ryan's retirement to have little local effect
- Man City confirmed as champions as rivals United lose
- IRS Awards Tax Filing Extension for Santa Barbara County
- SA near the bottom in terms of gender equity at Commonwealth Games
- 3 takeaways from Game 1 vs. Blazers