Answer: One of the most ruthless, convincing title triumphs in the 26-year history of the English Premier League.
Guardiola himself had said he would not be watching the United game and instead played golf with world number 12 Tommy Fleetwood at Sandiway Golf Club in Northwich, Cheshire.
Second-place United are now 16 points behind Pep Guardiola's side with only five games left to play.
West Brom lost to Chelsea last season to confirm the Blues as champions, and now they confirmed City for the crown.
"We tried it and I think you can do it, you only have to accept that you will make more mistakes and you will get smashed more often if you have less quality (than him)", said the Huddersfield manager.
While the players were caught out by United's surprise loss, one company were more than ready for it. He called up John Stones, Fabian Delph, Kevin De Bruyne, Kyle Walker and others to bring them together via technology.
As well as demolishing some sides, Pep Guardiola's side showed it could prize open the most stubborn of opponents. Facing champions Chelsea was a chance to send a message to their challengers and City were up to the task.
"We've won you the league, Manchester City, we've won you the league", sang West Brom's fans near the end of the game.
City moved withing three points of securing Premier League glory on Saturday as they beat Tottenham 3-1 at Wembley. A 4-3 loss at Liverpool on January 14 put paid to that, but the league title was virtually wrapped up already.
They will round off their 2017/18 campaign with fixtures against Swansea, West Ham, Huddersfield, Brighton and Southampton. They have equalled the efforts of Manchester United (1907-08 and 2000-01) and Everton (1984-85) who all won the top-flight title with five games to spare.
City's title win is the third of Kompany's 10-year Etihad career.
"Yeah, its special, I'm privileged to be part of such a great group, great players, good guys, good mentality, good atmosphere in the team, every single time I'm on the pitch I enjoy it".
- Celtics to face Bucks in first round of playoffs
- Russian Federation shows 'evidence' to deny chemical attack
- Pine Valley baseball debuts with win
- 3 takeaways from Game 1 vs. Blazers
- If Trump draws red line, he enforces it: Nikki Haley warns Syria
- Area Republicans: Ryan's retirement to have little local effect
- NBA Playoffs: 3 reasons the Utah Jazz will beat the Thunder
- IPL 2018: Desperate defending champions Mumbai manage to lose another one
- Stephen Curry Knee Injury to Be Re-Evaluated in 1 Week
- Severe storms possible Sunday night