Things get better on the offensive side of things as OKC have grabbed a league 12.5 offensive rebounds and correspondingly lead the National Basketball Association in second-chance points per game with 14.9 of them.
As for Westbrook, Oklahoma City's leader started off slowly but gained steam as the game went on.
What more can you can you say about Utah's dynamic rookie Donovan Mitchell, who has gotten more productive as the season has progressed finishing at 20.5 ppg, 3.7 apg, 3-7 rpg. "We play great defense and we're proud of that".
The playoffs are a different arena.
That's where Anthony and George, who came to the Thunder in an offseason trade, come in.
Chalk it up to the physicality.
Against Utah's 7-foot-1 Rudy Gobert, the right-handed Adams was stoned on several post moves. When they needed someone to keep the pressure on Utah after halftime adjustments, George was there. He looked sharp in leading the Jazz, going 11-22 from the floor to lead the team with 27 points.
On the offensive side of things, Salt Lake City's basketball team has a scoring duo in Donovan Mitchell and Joe Ingles.
In the locker room postgame, with George in the back receiving treatment for a hip contusion, Anthony was ready first but asked Westbrook if he wanted him to wait until Westbrook was dressed so they could go to the interview room together. For the Jazz, the argument against them is that they're not going to be able to handle the pressure that comes with the playoff atmosphere, especially against a team led by last year's league MVP in Russell Westbrook.
The Thunder fought back to level the scores at 25 after the opening quarter, and from there, George took over.
Acting as facilitator, George didn't record an assist Sunday, but played the creator when defenders converged.
Alex Abrines hit two 3-pointers early in the fourth quarter to give Oklahoma City a 92-80 lead and force Utah to call timeout. "Like [Carmelo Anthony] said, he got it going". Our job is to make sure we find him, make it easy for him.
After the dust settled, we were left with a surprising, yet fascinating matchup between two compelling teams.
You can also live stream the game through Sling TV free trial.
- Celtics to face Bucks in first round of playoffs
- Haley warns Assad: Trump 'watching,' USA work in Syria 'not done'
- IPL 2018: Desperate defending champions Mumbai manage to lose another one
- Snowstorm Forces Jets To Fly Back To Winnipeg
- Area Republicans: Ryan's retirement to have little local effect
- Risks loom for Comey's book blitz
- Severe storms possible Sunday night
- UK: No public mood for Syria airstrikes
- First Alert Forecast: Cold start for Sunday
- Cleveland Cavaliers Playoff Scribbles: LeBron James, Tyrone Lue, pesky Pacers - Terry Pluto