Haley said the United States was confident that the military strikes had crippled Syria's chemical weapons program.
The British and French officials at the meeting joined Haley in defending their countries' actions, calling the strikes "limited, targeted and effective" and claiming they had evidence of Assad's responsibility for the chemical attack, with French ambassador François Delattre saying the gas attack tested "the threshold of the global community's tolerance".
US Ambassador Nikki Haley said, "If the Syrian regime uses this poisonous gas again, the United States is locked and loaded".
Also today, two Israeli ministers said their country would continue to act to prevent Iran from establishing itself militarily in Syria. Russian Federation has vetoed at least six resolutions in the United Nations Security Council regarding chemical weapons.
"As always, they have served our country with the greatest professionalism and bravery, and we owe them a huge debt of gratitude".
"From the point of view of the president, this was aggression and we share this position", Russia's TASS news agency quoted lawmaker Sergei Zheleznyak as saying after the meeting with Assad in the Syrian capital Damascus. It is about ISIS and deterring Assad's use of chemical weapons. Could not have had a better result.
Russian Federation and its close ally Syria called the attack fabricated and said no evidence of chemical weapons use in Douma exists.
- Russian President Putin says strike on Syria by U.S. and its allies will exacerbate humanitarian catastrophe in Syria. "The alleged use of chemical weapons, if true, is deplorable", Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said in response to queries.
But the Pentagon said the United States had "deconfliction" contacts with Russia before and after the strikes, that Syrian air defence systems had been largely ineffective and there was no indication that Russian systems had been employed.
Friday's military campaign targeted three research facilities that are thought to have been involved in the production of chemical weapons.
Among those targeted by the US-led operation was the Al-Dumayr military airport outside of Damascus.
The Syrian military said three civilians were wounded in one of the strikes in Homs.
Bombs won't save lives or bring about peace.This legally questionable action risks escalating further, as U.S. defence...
Trump has made clear he wants to withdraw the roughly 2,000 USA troops in Syria involved in the anti-Islamic State campaign, and his administration has suspended support for Syrian rebels, evidence of his desire to disengage from Syria.
The narrowly targeted pre-dawn military operation, which took aim at three alleged chemical weapons facilities, earned quick scorn from Russian Federation, but a push by Moscow for condemnation of the strikes at the Security Council fell far short.
- Chinese GP: How the race unfolded as Daniel Ricciardo takes victory
- Direct clash between US, Russia in Syria unlikely
- Hamilton quickest in both practice sessions for Chinese GP
- United Nations rejects Russian call to condemn Syria strikes
- Snowstorm Forces Jets To Fly Back To Winnipeg
- Toronto Raptors vs. Washington Wizards - 4/17/18 NBA Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- Haley warns Assad: Trump 'watching,' USA work in Syria 'not done'
- Facebook under fire for Cambridge Analytica data leak
- Sebastian Vettel on pole for Chinese Grand Prix
- Cristiano Ronaldo hugs Gianluigi Buffon after dramatic Champions League clash