The Mega Drive Mini will reportedly be released this year as a celebration of its 30th anniversary and will include a selection of classic titles.
Remember the Sega Genesis?
The new micro-console that Sega has just revealed looks basically like a miniature version of the original Japanese Mega Drive. Worst of all, games like Sonic the Hedgehog ran at inconsistent frame rates.
Sega Mega Drive Mini Games - What's in the box?
There have been numerous similar consoles released over the years but none of them have been made by Sega themselves and most suffer from poor emulation and sub-standard controllers. So, expect to see pixel-perfect versions of these iconic games on your Switch.
European residents with long memories will remember the frustration of having to wait the additional two years until the Mega Drive arrived on United Kingdom shores.
Details on the aptly named Mega Drive Mini are fairly scant.
The news that AtDrive is producing the Mega Drive Mini is probably of some concern to fans, including yours truly. How much does it cost? When does it come out? The question of who is building it, however, is somewhat less clear - and that matters, given how the company handled its last micro console.
"Sonic the Hedgehog" originally debuted on the Sega Genesis / Mega Drive console.
On the benches of Japan appeared in 1988 the first version of the console.
- Sony's Xperia XZ2 Premium has a 4K screen, 51200 ISO dual cameras
- Alan Shearer Sends Warning To Premier League After City Title Win
- Severe storms possible Sunday night
- Montage: A Blue Monday for United as City are crowned champions
- Primary school places allocated in Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire
- Facebook collects the data of non-facebook users as well, Mark Zuckerberg
- EPL: Mourinho reacts to Man City winning title, blasts Man United players
- Facebook's privacy problem in the era of self-driving cars
- Small victories: Chinese back off on tariff vow
- Stephen Curry Knee Injury to Be Re-Evaluated in 1 Week