Have you read Trendiee Today?
The Reds succumbed to a 1-0 defeat at the Old Trafford, thus, allowing archrivals Manchester City clinch the English Premier League title. It might seem that way, but as we've seen quite clearly lately, they are far from invincible.
Last week City exited the Champions League after losing their first and second leg quarterfinal ties to Liverpool, but in the Premier League, Guardiola's team has looked a class apart, scoring 93 goals in 33 games.
Paul Pogba scored the equaliser against Manchester City.
Mourinho suggested his players might have over-reacted to the win against City at the Etihad. Here are some of the most impressive stats from their title win. Physicality, weather conditions, the amount of games.
"You can not imagine", Guardiola said on Saturday before the title race was decided. Everything was slow, everything was one more touch, one more flick, one more trick, one more turn, ball lost and no continuity or fluidity in our football.
Sergio Aguero has led the way in front of goal
Guardiola and his players will have the chance to celebrate properly next Sunday when they host Swansea in their next fixture. On the left-flank, January arrival Alexis Sanchez is certain to keep his spot for Sunday's game after his stellar performance against City last weekend, when he had a hand in all of United's three goals.
Despite Guardiola's men having a 16-point gap at the top of the table, though, Mourinho believes six teams should realistically be challenging for the title. The Baggies have struggled to muster any sort of positive result of late and are unlikely to pull off a miracle like their did under Tony Mowbray years ago. "We are not going to do anything insane", the Portuguese told Sky Sports News. "The important thing is to have the chance to win at home". I know how to win.
Relegation to the Championship is still nearly a certainty, with nine points separating them from 17th placed Swansea City, but the mood within the West Brom camp would have at least been lifted after yesterday's win. "People said it was a big failure last week".
"The Champions League is seven knockout games".
"These guys are fantastic, awesome - they are incredible".
Do you have something awesome to share with the world?
"[Criticism] is what you get at this level".
- Starbucks manager leaves company after calling police on two black men
- Mourinho: 'We were deservedly punished. We were masters in complication'
- The Walking Dead Season 8 Finale Ending Explained: Rick vs. Negan
- Man City confirmed as champions as rivals United lose
- Primary school places allocated in Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire
- Runners take part in 122nd Boston Marathon
- Pacers rip Cavaliers to snap LeBron NBA playoff streak
- Mumbai face RCB in search for maiden win
- Montage: A Blue Monday for United as City are crowned champions
- Sony's Xperia XZ2 Premium has a 4K screen, 51200 ISO dual cameras