It is ironic that United came back from 2-0 down against City themselves last weekend to win 3-2 and delay City's party, only to surrender so tamely on home soil.
City won 3-1 against Tottenham at Wembley on Saturday to move to the brink of glory, but United's shock home loss to the league's bottom side wrapped up the trophy they have seemed destined to lift since the start of an all-conquering campaign.
Mourinho suggested he had already congratulated his rivals in advance.
It is the team's first league title since 2014.
City are 16 points clear of second-placed United, who can only take a maximum of 15 points from their remaining five games.
"I will tell you what I told him after the (City) match and it's exactly what I told him - I don't expect you to be man of the match every week, I don't expect you to score two goals every week", said Mourinho.
Last week City exited the Champions League after losing their first and second leg quarterfinal ties to Liverpool, but in the Premier League, Guardiola's team has looked a class apart, scoring 93 goals in 33 games.
"Eight titles are eight titles and three Premier Leagues are three Premier Leagues".
"But the Premier League is one of the nicest and most important". I'm not sure the man himself could quite believe it.
I don't think we deserved to lose, but we gave the opportunity to win the match.
"We didn't want or played simple, everything was slow, one more flick, trick, turn".
Former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry on Sky Sports: "They deserve to be champions, I am sure they would have liked to do it against Swansea but now they can play against Swansea with a happier smile on their face because they all know they're champions and they deserve it".
A week after City surrendered a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 to United and squander the chance to wrap up the title in flawless style against their arch-rivals, it was relegation-bound West Brom who served it up on a plate.
"We had a few days to rest and prepare but football is unpredictable and sometimes things happen".
- Comey: Trump is 'morally unfit' to be president, might be 'compromised'
- Rank the Premier League champions! Are Man City the best ever?
- Expect wet, windy weather for the north valley's Monday
- NASA all set to launch next planet-hunting telescope
- Pro Syria demonstrators protest US military strikes
- New WhatsApp Update Will Let You Re-download Deleted Media Files
- IPL 2018: Gambhir returns to Kolkata as skipper of Delhi
- Manchester United stunned by West Brom, City crowned EPL champions
- The Walking Dead Season 8 Finale Ending Explained: Rick vs. Negan
- Bank of America Stock Flat Despite Earnings Beat