As for the expectations for the second gen Spectacles, Cheddar has predicted that we could see two versions, one with Global Positioning System and dual cameras and more advanced features and one product closer to what the first gen offered.
The new Spectacles are touted as "hands-free", but you must, of course, use your hand to begin recording; it's not voice-activated. Although wearers will not be able to take them very deep (only about 1 meter) but they'll be fine for swimming near the surface for around 30 minutes at a time. They will be available in three colors, Onyx, Ruby, and Sapphire. This time, they can also take still photos - with a 1642 pixel resolution, 50% higher than the videos shot by the previous version - and they can shoot underwater.
It follows a tough year for the social media giant's following its enormous float on the New York Stock Exchange in March 2017.
Snap's updated Spectacles are now water resistant.
Annoyingly, you can only sync your Spectacles to Snapchat Memories first before exporting videos individually or as one big Story to your camera roll. Users will still need to import photos and videos from their "Memories", connect their device to a WiFi network, and wait for their content to download.
Those proved to be pretty popular for the company, with lines cropping up all over the United States as Snap launched vending machines in random spots to sell the product. All photos and videos will be captured and transferred in HD now, and dual microphones should help with better audio and cutting down on wind noise in videos. And a much slimmer frame and charging case. Snap is also working with the online lens company Lensabl to provide prescription lenses for those of us who are not gifted in the vision department.
- Nintendo's profits soar by 500% thanks to massive success of Switch console
- Trump's Completely Unhinged 'Fox and Friends' Interview — Fuming Mad
- Liverpool fan stabbed: two people arrested, charged with attempted murder
- Otto Porter Needs to Step Up in Game 5 — Washington Wizards
- Unaffected by data breach controversy, Facebook profit hits all-time high
- French President Addresses Joint Session of Congress
- Ford cuts vehicle offerings down to Mustang, Focus Active crossover
- "Very cool!" President Donald Trump responds to Kanye's Twitter love
- Daniele De Rossi reveals key tactic that helped Liverpool defeat Roma
- Samsung profit beats estimates on booming memory-chip exports