My friend Josette Sheeran, president of the Asia Society, actually interviewed this Kim and found him a "great storyteller. he told us stories all the time". "We're going to hopefully make a deal, if not that's fine".
Trump is addressing a report that he had asked the Pentagon to prepare plans for scaling back the US military presence in South Korea, as he has complained that South Korea does not do enough to financially support that commitment.
The two Koreas remain technically at war because the conflict ended in a cease-fire rather than a peace treaty.
North Korea has long sought the removal of those troops as one of its condition for denuclearisation.
"I won't use the rhetoric now", he said.
"I understand they take pride in doing things differently", Hill said of Trump's team.
"President Trump and President Moon will continue their close coordination on developments regarding the Korean Peninsula following the April 27 inter-Korean Summit", the White House added. Trump's "fire and fury the world has never seen before" and "small rocket man" statements were met with Kim's threat to hit anywhere on United States territory.
South Korean police on Saturday prevented activists from launching anti-Pyongyang leaflets to North Korea, citing an agreement reached at a historic inter-Korean summit last month.
That decision saw the country change its time to UTC+8.5: a half hour behind South Korea - a move the North Korean leader last week said he would reverse. But his exact demands for relinquishing weapons that his nation spent decades building remain unclear.
In his conversation with Mr Moon, Mr Kim denied that he would be merely clearing out damaged goods, saying that the site also has two new tunnels that are larger than previous testing facilities, Mr Yoon said.
But a spectacular detente in recent months has fed hopes of a historic turning point in the region.
The two Koreas once shared an identical standard time.
Chinese President Xi Jinping and his South Korean counterpart Moon Jae-in have discussed bilateral relationship and achieving peace and denuclearization on the Korean Peninsula in a telephonic conversation on Friday.
- April Jobs Report: Unemployment Rate Falls to 3.9 Percent
- Dollar declines from 2018 highs before U.S. jobs report
- Chance of showers and thunderstorms today and tonight
- May and Corbyn both claim victory in local elections
- Giuliani offers new explanation of why Trump fired Comey
- Beat Madrid? We're Liverpool, we can beat anyone
- Allen Iverson Called Ben Simmons To Offer Encouragement After Game 2
- Tulsa, surrounding counties under tornado watch until 3 am Thursday
- Modi tells Karnataka BJP women to flag his schemes
- Golden State Warriors: Curry's return spurs 2-0 series lead