An 83-run partnership off just 36 balls between Rohit Sharma and Ishan Kishan was what took the game away from Kolkata's reach. "Just read the situation and see how to build your innings.' I feel confident when these guys talk to me", Kishan said. Leg-spinner Chawla picked up three wickets but went for 48. But it was all downhill from there. He knocked his first half-century off the season against Rajasthan Royals but the team slipped to another defeat. However, he got dismissed in trying to get a single which wasn't there and departed after scoring 21 runs off just 15 deliveries.
The 19-year-old from Patna, was on a roll as his innings was studded with five fours and six sixes. His contribution, at a strike rate of more than 295, in a blazing 34-ball 88-run stand for the third wicket with Rohit set a ideal stage for the following batsmen. Rohit was dropped by Nitish Rana on 10, when the team was on 90/2. Andre Russell slapped Hardik Pandya straight to cover in the eighth over, but it was the two wickets in the tenth over, also from Hardik, that all but ended KKR's challenge.
Take a look at how all the players fared in this match. We have put up a big total and we required that. He batted really well and he played some nice shots. The Eden Gardens is a happy hunting ground for captain Rohit Sharma, who has achieved many milestones on this ground. Against Kolkata Knight Riders, whom they just beat three days ago, they needed a new hero to continue their good run and they found one in Ishan Kishan on Wednesday (May 9). When the Kolkata batting innings began, they were literally demolished. We are not looking at our past record. After that, it was as if he chose to play his natural game. Needing a win to keep their finals hopes alive, the visitors held their nerve with a near flawless effort in the field to complete their rout of the hosts, with only the final wicket of Kuldeep Yadav (lbw) to be a bowler-only affair.
Changes: KKR: Injured Shubman Gill and Mitchell Johnson out.
On watching the replay, the KKR staff sent Cameron Delport to pass on the information to Rinku Singh who was fielding at long-on.
- Even warmer for Wednesday with plentiful sunshine
- Less than 1 in 3 Americans support United States pullout from Iran deal
- Comstock supports president on Iran nuclear deal pullout; Virginia senators dissent
- Pep backing Toure to stay in Premier
- Penn alum John Legend's voice is coming to Google Assistant
- India calls for dialogue to resolve Iran nuclear accord dispute
- Israel missiles hit Syria military bases
- Google Lens for OnePlus 5T, 5, 3T and 3 is Coming
- U.S. to Press Europe to Reduce Iran Investments
- European Union aims to pursue Iran nuclear deal following USA withdrawal