This is a big step forward from their previous agreement, which merely stated that the two intend to work together on the project, notes Sputnik News, citing the Verge.
This artist's conception shows the reference model for Uber's future air taxis. ChargePoint, a leading and "most open electric vehicle (EV) charging network" revealed its concept design for the two megawatts, high-powered charging charger for eVTOLs, semi-trucks and other electric aircrafts.
As small aircraft enter the marketplace, NASA says they will do so safely, with acceptable levels of noise, and without burdening the current national air traffic control system.
NASA and Uber Technologies have teamed up to identify new urban air mobility-related technologies and concepts created to ensure safety of aerial transportation operations in populated areas.
These VTOL vehicles (pronounced vee-tol), would theoretically help passengers leapfrog snarling traffic and speed up transportation between suburbs and cities.
So far, UberAIR have built in a redundancy plan should any of the rotors of its eVTOL taxi fail.
Karem Aircraft, is privately-held aerospace company headquartered in Lake Forest, Calif.
Uber isn't the only company eyeing the skies. The company also noted that the cost of flights will not be expensive trips to the usual taxi.
The partnership between Uber and the Army is the latest in a series of joint ventures between the Department of Defense and the technology industry.
The prototypes look like big drones, and have four rotors on wings. Uber says that it thinks in the long-term VTOLs will be an affordable form of transportation for the masses and could be less expensive than owning a auto.
One was an all-electric multi-rotor aircraft that uses stacked rotors to lift off vertically, but it can travel at more than 186 miles per hour because of its airplane-like body. This would include funding and research development for a "first stacked co-rotating propeller".
- Malaysian Giants claim 'Soiled tricks' and sabotage since voting begins
- Rahul Gandhi's declaration of himself as Prime Minister is arrogance: PM Modi
- Iran says new sanctions by United States would not stifle its oil industry
- Houston Rockets' Game 5 in just 60 seconds — RUN AS ONE
- Donald Trump announces United States pulling out of Iran nuclear deal in hours
- Disney might make more Avengers movies after Avengers 4
- Nucléaire iranien Européens et Iraniens se rencontreront lundi
- Fans Stir Up Talk That Kylie Jenner's Bodyguard Is Her Baby Daddy
- Early voting begins for June 5 election
- Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen 'given $500000 by Russian oligarch'