Manchester United managed to lock up second place in the Premier League, despite a goalless draw against West Ham at the London Stadium on Thursday evening. Two good games, we know the pressure of any relegation is not there anymore but we will try an play the best we can.
The former Manchester United boss signed a deal with West Ham until the end of the season, but says he could have already left the club if events had transpired differently.
Because the World Cup is approaching, it is likely that Mourinho will start players that will feature for their countries this summer.
GK David De Gea, 6 - West Ham only had two shots on target and both were routine for the Spaniard.
"I think we would rather not be playing them after they've suffered a defeat, but we will do everything we can to win and play well".
Moyes was appointed at London Stadium in November, following the sacking of Slaven Bilic, and has led the club to top-flight survival, the Hammers sitting five points clear of the bottom three.
"I have to make sure I've got what I want to do". I need to see if West Ham are going to get there. "[Phil] Jones is back, Sanchez is back and there are no more problems".
As for the East Londoners and David Moyes, the general feel from today's press conference was that its job done as far as this season is concerned, following the club guaranteeing promotion at the weekend.
Thankfully for them, however, Mourinho looks set to name a similarly second string side for the trip to West Ham United on Thursday night.
Mourinho added: "Of course we can keep [those players]".
And while Michael Carrick is unlikely to play against his former club, the midfielder will start for United at home to Watford on Sunday in his final game as a professional footballer. One of the only players who can be proud of their performance.
West Ham have done enough to stay in the Premier League (Picture: Getty Images)When is West Ham vs Man Utd?
- A&M Senior Maddie Szeryk Qualifies for NCAA Championships as Individual
- California becomes 1st USA state to mandate solar for new homes
- Real Madrid: Ronaldo Will Play Champions League Final Against Liverpool
- Syrian state media - Israeli missiles hit Syrian air defences, radar
- Rockets fired at Israel from Syria, Israel says
- Gardner drives Yankees to win over Red Sox
- Hands-on with Android P on the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Microsoft is Testing a Cloud Clipboard and Other Features in Windows 10
- Will the Bank of England raise interest rates today?
- Jaylen Brown returns to Celtics' starting lineup on Wednesday