Local agencies that will benefit include the Onalaska Food Basket, the Hunger Task Force in La Crosse, New Horizons Shelter and Outreach in La Crosse, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church's Food Pantry in La Crescent and the WAFER food pantry in La Crosse.
As soon as Thursday, postal workers will be dropping off bags on their normal delivery routes.
Donations in the Mount Airy area will be taken to the Yokefellow food pantry on Jones School Road to help fill its shelves.
The United States Postal Service will team up on Saturday in more than 10,000 communities to combat the epidemic of hunger as the National Association of Letter Carriers hosts its 26th annual Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive.
"It'll have great instructions". The national food drive will collect donations from homes in Streator, Ottawa and Marseilles on Saturday.
According to food drive coordinator Carolyn Kennedy, letter carriers walk through the community every day, and come face to face with the reality of hunger.
Also, the Post Office will have containers in their lobbies, if you want to drop donations off there. The carriers are unable to accept perishable, expired, damaged or opened products.
"I'm hopeful that the outpouring of support that we experienced the last few years will continue", Marshall said.
"All the food we collect (locally) goes to Interfaith", Brosmire said.
It's the largest one-day food drive in the nation and it's happening this Saturday.
Tori Bowman is the food and nutrition program manager for the Community Action Program of East Central Oregon, which has food banks in Umatilla, Morrow, Gilliam and Wheeler counties. Collier food donations are delivered to Collier Harvest Foundation, which has partnered with the NALC since the food drive began.
If you're not sure if your mail carrier participates - it's voluntary, not automatic - just call your local post office. More than 5 million seniors older than 60 are food insecure, with many who live on fixed incomes often too embarrassed to ask for help.
Joey Keys, the Chief Advancement Officer with Southeast Missouri Food Bank says food drives important to their mission, and in 2017, 20,350 pounds of food were received locally through Stamp Out Hunger.
- Sachin Bansal bids Flipkart farewell, says will catch up on gaming, coding
- Companies detail payments to Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen
- Oil price surges amid Iran tensions
- Alexis returns as Mourinho makes eight changes at West Ham
- Updated Google Assistant Could Make Calls to Book Your Appointment
- Gardner drives Yankees to win over Red Sox
- California becomes 1st USA state to mandate solar for new homes
- Prince Harry and Meghan will have 'American slant' to wedding
- Hands-On with the Android P Beta: Gesture Navigation
- #MeToo will not affect Cannes, says Blanchett