Krunal Pandya (8*) finished the innings with a six off Chawla after Cutting had holed out off the penultimate ball. Kolkata Knight Riders won the toss and captain Dinesh Kartik opted to bowl first. Narine was out in the first over itself, while Lynn and Uthapa went back in 4 and 7 over. By the time Narine managed to break the partnership, MI were 144/3 after just 14 overs. The throw at the non-striker's end found captain Karthik well short of the crease even though there was some uncertainty over whether Hardik had collected the ball cleanly.
Lewis and Suryakumar stitched together a 46-run stand for the opening wicket as Mumbai were 47/1 at the end of Powerplay. But, lack of experience soon showed up and Ishan was caught just inches inside the boundary while going for another six. While the Kunal Pandya and Hardik contributed 19 and 8 respectively.
First, Ishan swept Kuldeep high over deep square leg, then smashed across the line, followed by stepping out to hit the bowler over long on to get to his fifty - the joint second fastest of the season with Sunil Narine.
"As a team, we tend to pick up in the month of May".
Chasing a mammoth total is never an easy challenge, and a solid start is needed to get anywhere close. He just came in and changed momentum.
If Suryakumar Yadav laid the platform for Mumbai, it was Ishan Kishan's belligerence that helped Mumbai scale and Ben Cutting, later, gave the innings the apt finish.
"I was waiting for a big knock". Before we talk about the upcoming contest between DD vs SRH, let's go back to yesterday which was held at the Eden Gardens.
Following the match he said: 'It's always good for a youngster to bat up the order and when your skipper and the franchise is backing you, it's just about playing your game.
- Ford suspends F-150 production due to parts shortage
- Avengers: Infinity War outpaces Marvel predecessors at United Kingdom box office
- Predators host Jets in monumental Game Seven
- Raazi Review: An engrossing spy thriller
- Williamson continues run feast in IPL
- Pixel smartwatch with Wear OS, new Qualcomm chip coming
- Google's Chrome OS to Get Linux App Support
- Miami gives early go-ahead for race to be held in city
- Tiger Woods confirms he will play in The Open at Carnoustie
- Celebrity Brooklyn Nine-Nine fans react to show's cancellation