There are about 2 million Palestinians living in Gaza, and two-thirds of them are refugees or decedents of refugees. Many carried signs reading "Palestinian belongs to the Palestinians" and "Al-Quds belongs to Muslims".
Ismail Haniyeh, Hamas politburo chief, told demonstrators in eastern Gaza Strip that "we will tell Trump, who is moving his embassy to Jerusalem that Jerusalem is an Arab and Islamic city and we won't let either Trump or Netanyahu to change it".
Abu Mustafa is the latest Palestinian to be killed during the protests.
The use of force by the Israel Defense Force, including live fire, has taken a severe toll on Palestinian journalists, Mansour said.
Also on Friday, Haniyeh noted "What the Palestinian resistance has in the Gaza Strip is terrifying for Israel", referring to the Palestinian resistance's steadfastness in the face of Israeli wars and siege and its decision not to give up its arms, but to develop it.
Israel maintains that Palestinians left Israel of their own accord or for their own safety, but some Israeli historians admit a "handful" of expulsions had occurred.
Israel has warned that it will prevent any border breach.
At least 15,000 Palestinians took part in Friday's protests in several locations along the Gaza-Israel border fence.
Mr Sinwar said he hoped Israel would not shoot at what he called "peaceful" protests.
Israel says it only opens fire when necessary to stop damage to the fence, infiltrations and attacks.
Thousands of Palestinians gathered at five different points along the border, an AFP correspondent at the scene said.
The Israelis have responded to the protesters hurling rocks, Molotov cocktails and burning tires with bullets and tear gas. The vast majority of people killed at or near the fence have been Hamas and other terror group members.
Hamas has said if the protests "don't achieve their goals", they will continue.
- Solo A Star Wars Story
- Raazi Review: An engrossing spy thriller
- Upcoming Samsung Galaxy A Star gets certified with Bluetooth 5.0 on board
- Huddersfield seal survival as Chelsea's top-four hopes fade
- Mumbai crush Knight Riders
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV
- Se dirige-t-on vers une guerre entre l'Iran et Israël ?
- Pixel smartwatch with Wear OS, new Qualcomm chip coming
- Quels objectifs, motivations et conséquences du choix de Trump — Nucléaire iranien
- Miami gives early go-ahead for race to be held in city