This is where Nerdist's Dan Casey spoke with Jon Favreau, who's now working on his own Star Wars-related project: a TV series that'll be available exclusively through Disney's as-yet-unnamed streaming service.
Solo: A Star Wars Story opens in theaters on May 25.
We must admit. We were very sceptical of this one.
Trailers for Solo, including some deadpan lines from co-screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan, have excited fans who were initially nervous about Ehrenreich's casting. Glover indicated that Williams simply said "I walked in and I was Lando". When Lando first arrived, the crowd reacted accordingly.
There are a few complaints (mostly about pacing), as you'll see. but most of the lucky audience members seemed to have a great time. It's quite possible therefore to have characters come across some of the more famous saga heroes. Clarke, no stranger to wowing a crowd with displays of strength, got the biggest round of applause of the night for a particular stand-out moment. Whether or not Han Solo's adventure deserves this, will it receive the same treatment? Yahoo's Kevin Polowy descibed Ehrenreich as "super impressive", while Joel Meares from Rotten Tomatoes commented that the actor "has swagger to match, and spare".
14 days before Solo hits theaters, the first critic reactions hit the internet, and one day after the Deadpool 2 thoughts hit the internet.
And since the film focuses on the back story of Han Solo and his copilot, Chewbacca the Wookie, it's inspired by Solo's iconic Millennium Falcon, with unmistakable styling cues from the most stylish ship in the galaxy.
But this was only a blip in the larger barrage of troubles that plagued Solo. While some were predictably blown away (or are saving more meaningful critique for a full review), it wasn't all glowing praise.
The film, directed by Ron Howard after the original directors left mid-production, sees Solo beginning his pilot training and seeking a spaceship of his own.
- Huddersfield seal survival as Chelsea's top-four hopes fade
- Sonam Kapoor's Husband Anand Ahuja Lists His Favourite Moments From The Wedding
- Raazi Review: An engrossing spy thriller
- Android P to get iPhone X like app switching feature
- Mumbai crush Knight Riders
- Jose Mourinho: Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford will be back against Watford
- Avengers: Infinity War outpaces Marvel predecessors at United Kingdom box office
- Boeing: US leaving Iran deal won't hurt 737 production
- Ford suspends F-150 production due to parts shortage
- Tiger Woods confirms he will play in The Open at Carnoustie