During the course, Rayudu got to his maiden IPL century. Shane Watson (39) and Suresh Raina (52) put together an 87-run stand with the Indian reclaiming the Orange Cap for most runs scored in IPL history. The MS Dhoni led CSK is desperate to return to its winning ways.
So, looking at the current form of Sunrisers Hyderabad and Chennai Super Kings it's quite hard to pick the victor.
However, this total turned out to be not enough as Jos Buttler single-handedly dominated the CSK bowling attack, and helped Rajasthan win the game with a ball to spare. Sunrisers spiced up the contest by removing Suresh Raina (2), caught by skipper Kane Williamson off Sandeep.
Overall, its Hyderabad's bowling unit led by the overseas spin twins - Afghan Rashid Khan and Bangladeshi Shakib Al Hasan - who have been instrumental till now.
Hyderabad, on the other hand, have already sealed a play-off berth and will be eyeing another win to consolidate their position.
The Sunrisers Hyderabad opening batsman returned to form with a stroke-filled 92 not out in a successful run chase against Delhi Daredevils, and will be an important member of the SRH side when they take on CSK.
Bhuvneshwar has been backed up superbly by Siddharth Kaul (13 wickets), Sandeep Sharma, leg-spinner Rashid Khan (13) and Shakib-Al-Hasan (12).
The four-wicket loss to Royals was their third in their last five matches and another setback against Sunrisers, who have been the team to beat in this edition and are the first to enter the play-offs, could dent their chances.
"As we've seen, the wicket plays very well in the first six overs". Shane Watson and Ambati Rayudu opened the batting for the Yellow Army.
Ravindra Jadeja and Harbhajan Singh bore the brunt as they were given some treatment by Dhawan and Williamson who hit a few fours and sixes off them. He made them pay big time with some handy contributions from Stuart Binny and K Gowtham and saw his side home to keep them afloat in the tournament. Harbhajan gave way 26 runs from his two overs, while Jadeja leaked 24 from the same number of overs. With three matches remaining, CSK will need one convincing win to make it to the top four.
The partnership was broken in the 14th over when Williamson and Shreevats Goswami combined to run Watson out for a 35-ball 57.
With the departure of the two set batsmen, the tempo slowed down.
Manish Pandey's poor run of form continued as he became Shardul's second victim.
- FRANK WARREN COLUMN: Vasyl Lomachenko vs Jorge Linares prediction, Willy Hutchinson signs
- Lebanese politician says strikes warned Israel
- Higher Gas Prices Could Follow Trump's Exit From The Iran Deal
- Karnataka Exit Polls Predict Uncertain Results
- Tottenham may have to face selling Kane - Wenger
- UFC 224 official weigh-in - Raquel Pennington vs. Amanda Nunes
- Douglas Emmett, Inc. (DEI), Physicians Realty Trust (DOC)
- Webb Simpson takes 5-shot lead at Players Championship
- United stalwart Carrick deserves special send-off - Herrera
- 3 lessons Boston Celtics can learn from Pacers to dethrone LeBron James