He doesn't normally show up in a list of the top strikers in the world.
"We have got a lot of experience from this season". It's special to break the record here.
It didn't feel like a surprise when Vardy levelled at 4-4 - but Spurs were not to be denied and Kane swept home the decisive ninth goal after 76 minutes.
Tottenham Hotspur must hope Real Madrid beat Liverpool in the Champions League final, otherwise they face being in the third pot of seeds for next season's group-stage draw. This was as comfortable a 'decider' as you could wish for.
After Salah's intervention, Liverpool remained dominant but could not turn that into more goals until Dejan Lovren rose highest in a crammed penalty area to nod past Matthew Ryan and kill the contest off after just 40 minutes.
For starters, there was Salah, ending his three-game scoring drought and reaching yet another milestone. We tried to win the game from the first second.
Jurgen Klopp has said securing Champions League football for a second straight season is the "next step" in Liverpool's development. A nice boost ahead of Real Madrid on May 26.
This is particularly good news considering his side's recent downturn in league form, with Champions League exertions clearly taking their toll on an injury-hit squad. Liverpool's hunger and mentality, he says, is beyond question, and his players backed those words up here.
"He has been brilliant, and he can improve so much".
It's rubbing salt in the wounds for Chelsea, with the Blues also losing to Newcastle at St James Park.
"This was the perfect final of the season, of a very exciting season, and a very intense season".
The Egyptian attacker overtakes Alan Shearer, Luis Suarez and Cristiano Ronaldo by beating the record, as he claimed the Golden Boot award.
The Saints were close again when Dusan Tadic's effort was scrambled off the line by Fernandinho, but City snatched the points in added time when Gabriel Jesus conjured a sublime lobbed finish. Liverpool will need options in Kiev.
The No.11 duly skipped away from a couple of challenges and played Solanke in down the inside-right channel, enabling the striker to fire an unstoppable shot in off the woodwork.
- India 'cautious' as Donald Trump pulls out of Iran nuclear deal
- Euro super league will beat EPLl: Wenger
- Webb Simpson increases Players lead to seven shots
- Amitabh Bachchan watches Avengers, doesn't understand what happened in the film
- Iran Defends Syria After Israeli Missile Strikes
- First African American Bishop Of Episcopal Church To Speak At Royal Wedding
- Boulder could see drop in temperatures, afternoon storms over the weekend
- Israel Strikes Iranian Targets in Syria as Tensions Escalate
- Lebanese politician says strikes warned Israel
- Meghan Markle unveiled at London waxwork museum