As promised, Bethesda has finally revealed the next installment in RAGE video game series, RAGE 2. There's no release date information however, but we can expect it to arrive sometime during the sprint of 2019.
Also set to return are vehicles, which is why Avalanche Studios are probably the flawless developers for Rage 2: they have the ability to turn numerous original's weaknesses into strengths.
After the success of Rage a sequel was planned but was cancelled in 2012 as id chose instead to focus on DOOM. Avalanche Studios joined forces with id to craft the game, bringing in its expertise in open world creation to add to the existing FPS mad skills. In fact, watching the gameplay, I was thinking to myself, "This is Mad Max only in first person". Not a bad thing.
"When 80% of the Earth's population was destroyed by an asteroid, the tyrannical Authority rose up to seek control and every scrap that slipped through their fingers was snatched up by those who remained. Bloodthirsty gangs rose up in the chaos and every faction warred to rule this wasteland". You must fight the overbearing rule of The Authority, kill the insane gangs, and bring sanity back to the wasteland. On your quest you'll leave a bloody trail across the badlands, gunning and running down all the teeming hordes of enemies in your wake. Conversely, Mad Max featured incredibly fun auto combat, and some of the best vehicle customisation since Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.
We've got a lot more to show you from RAGE 2.
A Ranger's arsenal isn't limited to the abundance of upgradeable weapons and toys at their disposal. Throughout the course of the game, he'll also learn to apply his Nanotrite abilities to his weapons, which will allow him to "unleash absolute hell on his foes". While in Overdrive, guns do more damage, have new attributes and enemies drop better loot. When timed correctly, Overdrive is more than enough to tip the scales in a tricky fight.
After a couple of leaks, we already knew that Rage 2 was going to be part of the E3 2018 games line-up, but now we've had an official reveal, a teaser trailer and, yes, a full gameplay trailer that looks suitably epic.
- Formula One: Car issues delayed Lewis Hamilton contract talks, says Toto Wolff
- Drake softball reaches NCAA Tourney — SPORTS SHORTS
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan spells magic at Cannes on day 2 - See pics
- 'This is history': US Embassy opens in Jerusalem
- Marquee race for governor leads Pennsylvania primary ballot
- Warriors 'Dialed In' For NBA Playoff Showdown With Rockets
- Countries that continue to deal with Iran could face United States sanctions: Bolton
- Samsung's new Galaxy A, J series in India soon
- Iran Threatens To Start 'Industrial Scale' Uranium Enrichment
- Facebook suspends around 200 suspicious apps of "thousands investigated"