Despite the diminishing severe threat, scattered showers and thunderstorms will continue through much of the night, gradually shifting south with time.
"Watch for 70mph plus winds, large hail, flash flooding possible along with power outages and downed trees". We may have a few additional showers and storms around sunrise across northeast Oklahoma, but the overall coverage should remain low.
According to the National Weather Service, golf ball sized hail was reported four miles east of Le Roy, ping pong ball sized hail was reported by law enforcement four miles north of Hamilton.
Spring may be in full effect in many parts of the country, but for the residents of New England, they may want to put their outdoor plans on hold for at least the rest of the day. The watch was extended to Hartford, Tolland and Windham counties until 9 p.m.
Rainfall totals are expected to be about half an inch, with some areas seeing more because of storms.
Another day of sun is expected Monday, but some wet weather is on the horizon, according to the National Weather Service.
UPDATE: The National Weather Service has issued a tornado warning for southern Sullivan County until 4 p.m. Tuesday. Some of these will likely reach severe limits with strong to damaging wind and hail in some areas.
Over the past weekend, storms soaked the metro area and brought in low-lying clouds over downtown. This round of rain with some imbedded thunderstorm activity has the potential to cause more widespread urban and street flooding during Saturday. The threat for significant severe weather seems low yet this environment can produce wet micro bursts along with some hail.
Mostly sunny skies should prevail Wednesday and Thursday, with partly cloudy skies on Friday.
The most risky components of the forthcoming storm are the chances for forceful wind gusts and local flooding.
- Ernesto Valverde ANGRY after seeing unbeaten record end
- Sanctions on Iran to affect oil supply balance
- Avengers: Infinity War smashes superhero box office record with £60m takings
- Iran Threatens To Start 'Industrial Scale' Uranium Enrichment
- FA Cup final will not be my Chelsea farewell, says Conte
- 'This is history': US Embassy opens in Jerusalem
- Canadian-Born Actress Margot Kidder Dead At 69
- Elon Musk restructures Tesla to iron out Model 3 production bottlenecks
- Warriors 'Dialed In' For NBA Playoff Showdown With Rockets
- Huawei's Honor 10 flagship smartphone is finally here