P boasts a new look with more rounded corners on text boxes and menus and several technical improvements such as support for multiple cameras, the ability to gather indoor location data and improved fingerprint recognition.
"Any location data that is sent back to Google location servers is anonymized and is not tied or traceable to a specific user", Google added. Some users complained about the display looking tiresome, so Google added a new color mode.
Google's privacy consent discloses that it tracks location "when you search for a restaurant on Google Maps". With the Cambridge Analytica scandal, users trust issues with the tech giants like Google and Facebook are also tottered.
Google's mobile OS Android and versions of it already run on a vast array of devices, and soon, the open-source operating system will even be running on cars. The data is apparently used to help target users for advertising according to their location. "We are exploring how much consumers know about the use of location data and are working closely with the privacy commissioner".
Like the USA senators, Australian regulators question whether consumers have given valid consent for the extent of Google's information collection.
The Dashboard, which will be coming to a future version of Android P, shows how this will work: metrics to provide the basis for a more grounded knowledge base of how you use your phone on a day-to-day basis.
At a time of increased scrutiny of companies that collect masses of user data, two United States senators are calling on federal regulators to investigate a Google product called Location History.
The security company is warning of a number of malicious apps disguised as games and education apps, as well as a set of malicious apps which keep reappearing on the Google Play store despite being reported to Google. Google attempted to address this by giving users more options to adjust the display of their phones, but it seems that they aren't quite done yet. Everyone who uses Google services must agree to these terms and conditions, but there is now a debate over whether this consent is valid.
- What do you hear? Viral audio clip stirs online debate
- Ramadan to start on Thursday in Bahrain
- Palestinian envoy recalled from Washington over Israeli embassy move
- Three reasons why Ireland were competitive in their inaugural Test against Pakistan
- World oil price could hit $100 a barrel next year
- David Ortiz Sends Message To LeBron James Before Celtics-Cavs Game 2
- 10 basic rules for fasting during Ramadan
- Iran, EU top diplomat meet seeking to save nuclear deal
- Nation honors police officers lost in the line of duty
- Anxiety UK survey highlights importance of raising stress awareness