One enterprising fan has taken that dream to the next level by digitally replacing Ehrenreich's face with that of a young Ford in the trailer for "Solo: A Star Wars Story". So in 2012, when franchise founder George Lucas and new Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy laid out for Kasdan their vision for new Star Wars adventures, Kasdan immediately sparked to the idea of writing the swaggering smuggler's origin story. The movie's first half is excessively dark - both in terms of its actual dreary look and the story, as the young Han (Alden Ehrenreich) escapes an impoverished upbringing on his native Corellia and takes off to pursue his dreams of becoming a pilot.
Solo: A Star Wars Story will hit United Kingdom cinemas on May 24, 201 - a day earlier than the US. While some fans were excited or just cautiously optimistic about the casting, there was a part of the Star Wars family that was simply unwilling to accept any Han Solo that wasn't played by Harrison Ford.
"With Force Awakens you get the nostalgia rush, like, maybe we weren't as judgy about that movie as people are being about Last Jedi because like we're going to give you", Smith explained on his Fat Man on Batman podcast.
Do not forget to take this Solo: A Star Wars Story rumors with a grain of sand, yes we hate sand too. "Solo" will be released May 25.
Do Smith's comments make you more excited for the film?
This isn't the first time that the pair have met however, Ehrenreich recounted their first encounter when he sought out the veteran stars blessing. Ford was the first-ever actor to play the role of Solo.
While promoting his upcoming blockbuster Solo: A Star Wars Story, director Ron Howard revealed that he wants to return to his earliest collaboration with George Lucas from three decades ago. If the biggest Star Wars critic can enjoy Solo, then there's a good chance that it's actually pretty decent. We already knew the actor was also appearing in Solo: A Star Wars Story as well, but now we know who he's playing, and it appears to be one of the characters he portrayed in one of the previous Star Wars films.
- Palestinians killed, 1204 injured in Gaza protests
- This Rotten Week: Predicting Deadpool 2, Book Club and Show Dogs Reviews
- Canadian-Born Actress Margot Kidder Dead At 69
- Facebook suspends around 200 suspicious apps of "thousands investigated"
- Pompeo promises North Korea a rosy future as USA 'partner'
- Antonio Conte Optimistic About Future Despite Top 4 Failure
- Arsenal players 'shocked and upset' at surprise staff change
- Google cutting paid storage prices
- Avengers: Infinity War smashes superhero box office record with £60m takings
- Iran Threatens To Start 'Industrial Scale' Uranium Enrichment