The Atlanta Interagency Law Enforcement Partnership came together in Woodruff Park for a memorial service.
Working in her studio, which had originally been used for animals on her rural Spicer hobby farm, Steffen began sketching out options.
Among those honored at the Spokane ceremony was Deputy Daniel McCartney of the Pierce County Sheriff's Department. It's quite a job to get somebody to want to do law enforcement. "Mom said dad loved being a police officer".
It's a special day that the Washington County Sheriff's Office is taking one step further. Bonn-Tomas also donated her time, Felt said.
Tuesday was made even more special for that department after national organizers chose to include two fallen Alcoa Officers on the USA memorial in Washington, D.C. earlier this year.
A moment family members and fellow officers hope they'll never have to experience again and instead keep the legacies of the fallen officers alive in memoriam.
The badges on the uniforms "shine to represent service and hope", he said.
Tom Phillips, son of Officer Maurice Phillips, said, "I was eighteen months old and Rich was 5, and our oldests brother was ten".
"It's getting to be a lot more risky", said Gray.
For Gravitt, Everett and Davis, that sacrifice was made jointly on April 17, 1964 when they responded to a suspicious activity call.
"To the families and survivors with us this morning, I know today is filled with sadness and pain but today is also filled with love, the love of an entire nation", President Trump says.
- David Ortiz Sends Message To LeBron James Before Celtics-Cavs Game 2
- Harrison Ford digitally inserted into Solo: A Star Wars
- FOX renewals and cancellations: Are your favorite shows returning?
- Antonio Conte Optimistic About Future Despite Top 4 Failure
- Palestinian envoy recalled from Washington over Israeli embassy move
- Europe seeking quick solution to save Iran nuclear deal - Mogherini
- Avengers: Infinity War smashes superhero box office record with £60m takings
- C3, Diego Simeone dévoile la menace N°1 à l'OM — Atlético Madrid
- Boss Pep Guardiola: City will look to come back stronger next year
- Iran-EU nuclear talks start in Brussels