If the Kansas men's golf team can play as well in Wednesday's third and final round of the NCAA Pacific Regional as it did in the first two, the Jayhawks will qualify for the NCAA Championships for the first time since 2000.
Two Oklahoma golfers finished in the top four on the individual leaderboard.
Kansas, Stanford, Iowa State, Alabama and OR advanced to the NCAA Championship by virtue of finishing in the top-five positions in the team rankings.
The Jackson, Miss., native entered the day in 37 position after carding a 1-over par 73 on Monday's opening round, but moved into a tie for fourth overall entering the final round of the three-day 54-hole event at 7-under par 137 (73-64). The top five teams advanced to the NCAA Championship.
Freshman Matthew Wolff and junior Zach Bauchou each carded 71s during their third rounds to finish at 210 and tied for second place. "To be in the 12th fairway in the final round with a legitimate chance to make the NCAA Championships cut is a testament to this team and I'm incredibly proud of them".
"We showed the world that we can compete, being up there with Oklahoma State for awhile today, competing for the regional title", fellow senior Dylan Meyer said.
The Cougars shot the best round of any team in the final round of the Norman Regional, with their second-straight ten-under par round.
Baylor heads to the 2018 NCAA Championship, which runs May 25-30 at Karsten Creek Golf Club in Stillwater, Okla.
OU's Nos. 1 and 2 players, Brad Dalke and Grant Hirschman, both struggled in the final round and over the course of the regional. Bailey and May finished tied for 19 place at 1-over 217. It wasn't pristine, but the third-seeded Red Raiders advance by firing an 18-over 870 for the fifth and final spot into NCAAs from this site. Big 12 teams this season won four of the country's six regionals.
Individually, Baylor was led by Cooper Dossey who held a share of the lead after round one.
Murlick shot an impressive one stroke under par Wendesday and battled his way to finish tied for 19th.
Dossey tied for 10 in par-3 scoring at even-par 3.00, and his 13 birdies tied for eighth most. You come here to qualify and that's what we did.
The Bison were playing in their first NCAA Division I Regional.
- World oil price could hit $100 a barrel next year
- Deadpool interrupted Colbert's monologue to do some Trump jokes
- Gab Wants Griezmann to Stay at Atletico Beyond EL Final
- Meghan Markle's father says now hopes to attend royal wedding
- New York School Districts Brace for Budget Votes
- Vance, Wilson counties to close Wednesday for teacher's rally
- IPL 2018: Mumbai Indians face Kings XI Punjab in virtual knockout
- Don't keep us in dark on rule changes, say Hamilton
- The solid 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' is an adventure worth taking
- Malaysia's Anwar rejoins political fray after release from jail