A new documentary authorized by Whitney Houston's estate reveals the heartbreaking revelation that Whitney was sexually abused by her cousin Dee Dee Warwick-the sister of the legendary Dionne Warwick.
"She used to say, 'I wonder if I did something to make her think I wanted her, '" Jones told director Macdonald. In the film, Gary says the abuse occurred when Cissy, a professional singer, would leave Whitney, Gary and their brother Michael with relatives while she toured. She had one child from her volatile marriage to singer Bobby Brown, a daughter named Bobbi Kristina, who died at a hospice in 2015 at just 22 years old - also having been found unresponsive in a bathtub. Houston died in 2012 - at 48 - after being discovered submerged in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
Dee Dee Warwick was Houston's cousin and the sister of songstress Dionne Warwick. Yet, when he was made aware of this revelation about Houston's troubled youth, Macdonald re-edited the entire film to build to that sad and deeply, deeply haunting reality of the sexual abuse to which Houston fell victim as a child.
The Whitney Houston documentary, Whitney, is set to hit theaters on July 7.
Whitney Houston told members of her family that Dee Dee Warwick above had sexually abused herREX
Speaking of which, even though most millennials were not even born when folks like Houston and Paula Abdul ruled the pop charts, a summer documentary will reveal Houston's thoughts about her rival. "And then, on the next interview, Gary did tell me who it was", he said.
Though the Houston family has not commented on the allegations, the film, which also features interviews with her husband Bobby Brown, was made with their blessing. "There was something very disturbed about her, because she was never comfortable in her own skin", he told the publication. It seems the interviewee's in the film see her stepping down for him as a reason as well.
Of course, it's Houston's mother, Cissy, who closes the trailer.
A tragic new story has emerged about Whitney Houston's childhood. She's this handsome woman but she's very closed in her demeanor.
Whereas Houston was a adorned singer who garnered hit data around the globe and dozens of awards, the star additionally battled drug dependancy all through her life. "I can't imagine she would have gone there, but this is all supposition". There's a number of people in the documentary who describe the singer's sexuality as "fluid" and reportedly, she moved in with Crawford at age 18 after she first left her parent's house. In 2008 Dee Dee died after battling a longtime drug addiction.
- The price of oil inches towards $80 a barrel
- Results Say Hung Assembly In Karnataka: Know What Has Happened So Far
- Royal Wedding: Princess Charlotte to be Meghan Markle's bridesmaid
- Guatemala opens new embassy in Jerusalem following US lead
- YouTube Music rumored to launch on Tuesday along with rebranded YouTube Premium
- ME behind the eight ball as states sprint to legalize sports gambling
- Karnataka Election Results: Congress and BJP stake claim, all eyes on governor
- Trump tells North Korea that denuclearization will preserve its security
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Battle Royale Mode Officially Revealed
- Hague court looking at Israeli killing of Gazans