Curry struggled to make shots in the first two games of the series and, after the first half in Game 3, was just 3-for-20 from three-point range. However, the Warriors and Cavaliers still have to be considered the favorites. "It sounds insane because of the talent of the Warriors, but just the way their switching defense has given Golden State problems over the years, that gives the Celtics confidence". Maybe it's the natural complacency that creeps in after you've won a championship (or two, in the case of the Warriors who were around before Durant arrived last summer). That year, the Celtics' Big Three: Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen came up short against Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers. The Lakers won a finals rematch between the two teams in 2010. He sank a big basket down the stretch for the second game in a row. On the other side, LeBron has ruled the East, making seven consecutive NBA Finals appearances. They have yet to reach the 300 mark in this series, posting an average of 269.8 for the series, according to NBA.com/stats. And you know Chris Paul's every intention is to get to the summit.
Paul's right leg will be re-evaluated after the team returns to Houston following Game 6.
The Warriors are loaded with problems then.
"We know what's at stake", Gordon said. Irving, reportedly exhausted of being seen as second fiddle to LeBron, asked for and was granted a trade in the offseason. He suffered a left knee sprain after falling while going for a layup. I love the way this team responds when our backs are against the wall. However, the fit didn't work out and Thomas was dealt to the Lakers midway through the year.
Two of the next three games will be played in Houston, which gives the Rockets an advantage.
The Houston Rockets announced today that guard Chris Paul will miss Saturday's game at Golden State with a right hamstring strain that occurred during the fourth quarter of last night's game against the Warriors.
So how did they get the nickname?
The Warriors ranked 4th in the regular season in passes made per game (322.7) and led all teams through the first two rounds of the playoffs (323.2). Also, are the Rockets really going to pull this off? "If you can't root for him, I think you've got some problems".
- Young Americans Fight To Keep Abortion Out Of Ireland
- Chelsea have learnt from last year's FA Cup final, insists Cesc Fabregas
- LeBron James smiled at Chris Paul's shimmy on Stephen Curry
- Ex-PM lawyer says no docs seized in Malaysia police search
- So Pusha T's 'brilliant' album now means we've forgiven Kanye?
- LeBron James dissects Chris Paul's Game 5 performance
- Our Town's Jayson Tatum Is Closing In On NBA History
- Caroline Wozniacki praises Salah ahead of Champions League final
- Mike D'Antoni: Rockets Played "Soft" in Game 3 Blowout Loss
- Remembering the vets on Memorial Day