The Warriors, meanwhile, rebounded from a 4-for-18 first half from long distance with a 12-for-20 finish.
"I'll have plenty of time to talk about next year but we obviously have a good thing going", Stevens said when reminded about his returning superstars next year.
It was the fifth time in James' postseason career that he played all 48 minutes in what was his 235th playoff game.
On the Warriors' injury report, swingman Andre Iguodala is once again questionable to play after missing Games 5 and 6 with a bone bruise in his left knee. Bryant joined that discussion once the score went final, doing so in a diplomatic manner. "The pace was really fast, and I thought the one positive of Houston getting off to that start that they did was the pace was high".
Curry quickly jumped in to correct his teammate. "He had the purple hair, all kinds of stuff", Young said after Game 6.
"I think what people don't understand, people that never played the game of basketball and never played team sports, is that in order to succeed, it has to be a team effort". Korver said. "But we got 23 on our side". It was tough. We expected, you know, more.
Watch Cavs vs Celtics Game 7 Online Free ESPN Live Streaming NBA Playoffs
Gilbert's and James' brief exchange before the trophy presentation on Sunday night - the Cavs star barely acknowledged the owner as he made his way toward the dais - only fueled the narrative of the pair's rocky relationship.
"They're going to bring it", he said. "They fought hard too". However, Golden State coach Steve Kerr told reporters Saturday night the team is "operating under the assumption that he will not play".
"Our guys have a ton of character and a ton of competitiveness, desire", he said.
"If you turn the ball over 21 times against my little son's team, they'll probably beat you", Houston guard Gerald Green said.
James said halfway through the season he made up his mind that no matter what happens he was going to try and keep a positive attitude.
That roller coaster began last summer, in the aftermath of Cleveland's five-game loss to the Golden State Warriors in the 2017 NBA Finals.
Cleveland coach Tyronn Lue rated James' performance Sunday alongside that in Game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals as the forward's two best.
The Cavaliers will play the victor of Monday's Game 7 of the West finals between Houston and Golden State.
- Why Gas Prices Are 31 Percent Higher Than Last Memorial Day
- LeBron James dissects Chris Paul's Game 5 performance
- LeBron James Befriends Journalist That Implied "He's Been Clutch His Whole Career"
- Caroline Wozniacki praises Salah ahead of Champions League final
- As Ireland Votes on Abortion, Here’s What You Need to Know
- ‘Quiet revolution’: Ireland votes to legalize abortion
- Young Americans Fight To Keep Abortion Out Of Ireland
- Our Town's Jayson Tatum Is Closing In On NBA History
- So Pusha T's 'brilliant' album now means we've forgiven Kanye?
- LeBron James smiled at Chris Paul's shimmy on Stephen Curry