Barr tweeted that what she did was unforgiveable and urged supporters not to defend her. "But, we all make mistakes, right Chelsea?"
As most of the American public knows by now, the Barr tweet in question targeted Jarrett and said she appeared to be a cross between the "Muslim Brotherhood and 'Planet of the Apes'".
However, Roseanne conceded that there was no defence for her inflammatory tweet and has offered an apology to Jarrett. Yesterday, Iger tweeted about ABC entertainment president Channing Dungey's move to cancel "Roseanne".
"Roseanne" star John Goodman, who played Roseanne Barr's husband Dan Connor, spoke publicly Wednesday for the first time since Barr's racist tweet and the show's abrupt cancellation.
Barr's sitcom was praised for breaking TV barriers by including topics related to gay marriage, poverty, classism in America and abortion when it debuted in the 1980s. That's partly why Barr attacked her. Barr frequently uses her Twitter account to deride Democrats.
For context, Rogan tweeted a Huffington Post article about the "disturbing side effect" of Ambien on May 30. No one is defending what [Roseanne] said, ' she said.
Jarrett said Disney Chief Executive Bob Iger called her before ABC announced the show's cancellation.
On Wednesday, the president tweeted: "Bob Iger of ABC called Valerie Jarrett to let her know that "ABC does not tolerate comments like those" made by Roseanne Barr".
"ABC lost maybe $1 billion from this; this show was grinding out money hand over fist and they lost it all because somebody didn't say, 'Get that phone out of her hand, '" he said.
Netflix weighed in on the "Roseanne" racism scandal on Twitter, suggesting that viewers should ditch ABC and watch its shows instead. Where was the apology for Kathy Griffin going on a profane rant against the president on "The View" after a photo showed her holding President Trump's decapitated head?' Sanders asked.
Roseanne Barr just got some epic Twitter shade from... one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies.
For Donald Trump, this story is obviously about him.
But canceling "Roseanne" is "like taking off "All in the Family" or "I Love Lucy" or Andy Griffith at their zenith", he said.
- Rockets' Chris Paul a game-time decision for Game 7, says coach
- Hundreds rallied against federal buyout of Kinder Morgan in Vancouver
- ABC and ‘Roseanne’: Many warning signs before racist tweet
- Italian PM quits four day after being asked to form government
- Voici vos droits — RGPD
- Warriors sink ice-cold Rockets, head back to Finals
- LeBron James Befriends Journalist That Implied "He's Been Clutch His Whole Career"
- Ovechkin, Holtby shine in Game 7, Caps beat Lightning 4-0
- Super 8: LeBron James muscles his way back to the Finals
- 3 morts dans une fusillade à Liège, l'assaillant abattu — Belgique