Interested in Kardashians? Add Kardashians as an interest to stay up to date on the latest Kardashians news, video, and analysis from ABC News.
Kim Kardashian is passionate in her quest to get Alice Marie Johnson pardoned. She's not only voiced support for Johnson but for Cyntoia Brown, the sex trafficking victim who was imprisoned at the age of 16 for killing a child predator who paid her for sex.
According to Vanity Fair, the meeting was arranged by senior advisor Jared Kushner, who has been outspoken on the subject of prison reform after his father served time in federal prison on charges of illegal campaign contributions, tax evasion and witness tampering.
Kim is understood to have then contacted Mic's lawyer to try to help with the case and has spoken with Johnson herself.
Trump has the power to decide whether or not to pardon Johnson, but there has been no indicated yet as to what he will do. Today is for you ✨. She has shared her support of Johnson on social media, calling the sentencing "so unfair" on Twitter in October.
Last year, Kardashian enlisted her legal team to aid in an effort to free Cyntoia Brown.
Kim went to discuss politics with the U.S. president.
Following the meeting, Mr Trump tweeted a picture of the pair inside the Oval Office.
She departed in a black Chevrolet SUV parked inside White House grounds, a surprising level of access and courtesy. "I made some bad choices which have not only affected my life, but have impacted my entire family", she said in a February 2017 letter in the court record.
- Roseanne Barr turns on her co-stars
- United States officials meet North Koreans to plan for possible Trump-Kim summit
- Euro break-up index rises as investors fret about Italy - Sentix
- ‘Totally unacceptable’: Canada retaliates with tariffs on United States imports
- PUBG Corp files lawsuit against Fortnite maker Epic Games
- Tom Arnold Says Ex-Wife Roseanne Barr ‘Wanted’ Show To Be Cancelled
- Serena Williams keeps controversial ‘Black Panther’ suit
- Tom Arnold Thinks Roseanne Wanted Her Show To Get Cancelled
- Warriors confirm Iguodala to miss NBA Finals opener