The NBA Finals tipped off on Thursday night with Game 1 between the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers. The NBA had its most-watched conference finals since 2012, as both teams had to rally from 3-2 deficits to win Game 7s on the road.
In tight situations this postseason, head coach Tyronn Lue has gone back to the players he knows and trusts, even if their ceiling is lower than some of their younger, less experienced teammates.
Iguodala, a member of the United States 2012 Olympic gold medal team, is in his 14th National Basketball Association season and fifth with the Warriors, with career averages of 12.6 points, 5.2 rebounds and 4.4 assists a game.
Andre Iguodala is one of the Warriors' best defenders against Cavaliers superstar LeBron James. Teams are not allowed to have more than five players on the court at once, it's as simple as that. Warriors vs. Cavaliers in 4th straight NBA FinalsBut the rubber match was a mismatch, and the Warriors are expected to win just as easily this time. You've always got to look at what you don't have.
"It didn't surprise me, " Kerr said. Most importantly, the Warriors won both games, but Cleveland was essentially a completely different team then (before the wild trade deadline deals).That factors into the equation.
The NBA Finals MVP trophy is one of the few awards to have eluded Stephen Curry during his illustrious career, but he's not losing any sleep over it. Even though the Warriors entered the fourth quarter with a six-point lead, it certainly didn't feel like the game was over, as it often does following third quarters involving the Warriors.
"We've got to move on", James said.
James drove past Curry for a three-point play with 50 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter. Iguodala earned MVP honors during the 2015 NBA Finals due to his tough defense on James as well as his offensive production.
"I'm still not sure", Lue added. He helped his team hold LeBron to 20 points on 7-of-18 shooting along with seven turnovers on Christmas Day. It is possible to check more than one category on the list.
Second quarter, 7:48, 42-35 Cavs: Cleveland is shooting 59 percent, and Golden State is just 2-for-11 on 3-pointers. He returned for the start of the second quarter to huge roars from the yellow-clad sellout crowd and scored 24 points. "Once he gives it up, try not to let him get it back".
- Watch LeBron James’ Tense Exchange With Reporter Over J.R. Smith Gaffe
- LeBron James scores 51 points but Warriors beat Cavs in game one
- Andre Iguodala to miss Game 1 of NBA Finals with leg contusion
- LeBron James admits he asked Cavaliers not to trade Kyrie Irving
- ‘Totally unacceptable’: Canada retaliates with tariffs on United States imports
- United States officials meet North Koreans to plan for possible Trump-Kim summit
- Tom Arnold Says Ex-Wife Roseanne Barr ‘Wanted’ Show To Be Cancelled
- Tom Arnold Thinks Roseanne Wanted Her Show To Get Cancelled
- Ex-Piston Thomas: LeBron a 'much better' player than Jordan