"She needs to stand out for people to be able to say 'I saw the Queen, '" her Majesty's daughter-in-law Sophie, the Countess of Wessex, revealed as part of the Smithsonian Channel documentary "The Queen at 90".
"What is your preference?"
Queen Elizabeth cracked smile after smile, a noticeable change from her typical serious-yet-regal expressions.
What to wear for your first solo engagement with the Queen of England, who also just so happens to be your grandmother-in-law?
Proving she loves neutral cream and blush colours, Meghan opted for a slim-fitting midi dress with covered shoulders by Givenchy, the designer of her wedding dress.
Meghan's background, former career and outspoken feminism make her an interesting and modern member of the archaic and outdated family.
"It seemed to reflect her desire to get it all right in terms of protocol with the Queen and it was good to see how the Queen relaxed her own body language to put Meghan more at ease".
The Duchess could then be heard saying, "Oh okay".
First, they will attend a lunch at Chester Town Hall, followed by official opening the Mersey Gateway Bridge. "I have a feeling she's going to push the limits a little too much?!"
The outing comes almost a month after the Duchess and Prince Harry married at St. George's Chapel in Windsor.
Dozens of schoolchildren greeted the queen and Meghan waving Union flags and cheering.
It was a ideal introduction for the former American actress to a royal engagement Queen-style and to a British summer's day: it was cool and breezy with lots of cloud - Californian sunshine this was not.
- Made-for-TV summit puts Trump the Showman in spotlight
- South Korea’s Moon: Reaching accord with North Korea could take years
- BlackRock Inc. Reduces Stake in Envision Healthcare (EVHC)
- Spain manager Julen Lopetegui sacked two days before opening match
- Kim, Trump commit to restart repatriating remains from North Korea
- North Korea sanctions to stay until full denuclearisation, says US
- Business as usual in North Korea as public unaware of summit
- Mark Sanford loses SC primary after President Trump endorses opponent
- Trump's 'appalling' Kim summit slammed by rights advocate
- Trump declares via Twitter the North Korean nuclear threat is over