Group G's second round of games is also rounded off on Sunday, as England look to join Belgium on six points at the top of the table.
Don't miss a moment of the World Cup!
This qualification has been contentious, with Senegal benefiting from an unprecedented decision by Federation Internationale de Football Association to order a replay of their 2-1 loss in South Africa because of match-fixing by the referee.
The Japanese defied all expectations and became the first Asian nation to beat a South African one in World Cup history.
Yes, the legend of Keshi "The Big Boss" is so awesome, but an ex-international from Senegal is seeking to equal one of those feats, as the next black coach to take a team into the World Cup round of 16.
England and Panama have a 3:00 pm kick-off (1200 GMT) in Nizhny Novgorod meaning players could struggle in temperatures topping 30°C.
Fans of team Colombia are carrying alcoholic drinks, pouring them through binoculars.
England were unfortunate to concede a debatable penalty against Tunisia but were otherwise untroubled defensively and should get another easy ride at the back again, with the win to nil banker material.
"It's good to be loved", he added before returning to fielding questions about tactics for Sunday's match with Japan. The African side got off to a fast start, scoring 11 minutes in thanks to a fortunate bounce off Sadio Mane.
"Of course we represent our country but I can also guarantee that the whole of Africa is supporting us", said Cisse, the only black coach at the World Cup. The two will be at close quarters come matchday and Mane said: "I know him very well, we played and trained together at Southampton and we used to chat together at the gym. We respect this team", he said.
27-year-old midfielder Hotaru Yamaguchi said that though they are still enjoying the opening win, everyone now is preparing for the next match. And, overall in the first half, we showed character and ambition. "Even if it is slightly risky we want to attack and try to win". Because of his experience he's an interesting, important player for Colombia, but we are talking about an important position and can't make a mistake there.
Clips of the coach's fist-pumping goal celebrations during Senegal's opening game against Poland have gone viral, attracting the attention of admirers around the world.
"His appearance off the bench last time out gave him some confidence", Pekerman said. "It's a hard working team".
- Protests and facility visits in Texas amid immigration confusion
- Brazil win but old questions of mental focus persist
- #CM2018 : Mbappé marque son premier but en Coupe du Monde
- Supreme Court sales tax ruling to make online shopping more expensive
- The Supreme Court just caused stocks of online retailers to tumble
- Melania Trump's Jacket Prompts ‘I Really Care’ Clothing To Hit The Market
- South Korean president to begin his first state visit to Russian Federation
- Teslas solar business in trouble, to downsize facilities in nine US states
- 10 supermarket staples set to become more expensive with new European Union tariffs
- Aaron Finch and Shaun Marsh hit tons as Australia post 310