He did not speak to print reporters and did not address the incident in comments to TV Globo. "If we can do that it shows that we have the wherewithal to move forward with the other matches and even win them".
"We know Africa supports us", goalscorer Mbaye Niang said. "We stumbled, but the team is fine".
The World Cup is always an opportunity for nations to share their own unique approach to the handsome game, celebration in victory and the grief of defeat. Japan was obviously helped by an extremely early red card on Carlos Sánchez and a penalty goal from Shinji Kagawa, but the only thing that matters in this tournament is the result.
However, Japanese perseverance paid off as forward Yuya Osako leapt highest at a corner to net a goal he described as a "dream come true" with just over a quarter of an hour to go to seal the deserved victory. "That's a very good reaction".
After briefly combining with striker Falcao on the pitch at the Mordovia Arena, Rodriguez sat out part of the final session.
Mohamed Salah won and converted a penalty for a consolation goal on his return from injury but Egypt's first World Cup in 28 years could be over in barely five days following a second straight loss. "Fair play bit of class shown here". We should drop him immediately.
Egypt's Tarek Hamed, left, and Russia's Alexander Golovin compete for the ball during the group A match between Russia and Egypt at the 2018 soccer World Cup in the St. Petersburg stadium in St. Petersburg, Russia, Tuesday, June 19, 2018.
Uruguay's Jose Alberto Batista holds the dubious honour of top spot after being given his marching orders after just 56 seconds at the 1986 tournament. He was sent off a minute into a goalless draw against Scotland for a harsh tackle on Gordon Strachan.
"We want to do as well or better, but we have to focus on each match", Pekerman said.
The last few minutes saw Colombia struggling to make something out, while Japan making sure to not allow any loopholes.
- The Supreme Court just caused stocks of online retailers to tumble
- Denmark will 'struggle' if Australia stop Christian Eriksen, says Michael Jakobsen
- Iran staff member hospitalized after disallowed goal in Spain World Cup game
- Instagram passes 1 bln users, launches long-form video service
- Trump threatens new tariffs on Chinese imports, Beijing calls it 'blackmail'
- Brazil win but old questions of mental focus persist
- Trump forced into migrant U-turn
- Supreme Court rules against Democrats in Wisconsin redistricting
- World Cup match report Poland v Senegal 19 June 2018
- Oppo Find X Features a Pop-up Camera And No Notch