San Antonio has had hopes of repairing its tattered relationship with Leonard and ultimately getting to a comfort level with offering the $219 million super maximum contract extension.
According to multiple reports, Leonard could be traded sooner rather than later with multiple suitors in hand.
If the answer to that question is an actual 100% chance Leonard leaves following the 2018-19.
The Lakers will be appealing, particularly if they're in win-now mode, since players will be able to showcase their game on a big stage.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich likely wants nothing to do with LaVar Ball and has spoken out about his involvement with Lonzo's career. Whether or not they play out is one thing, but to say players don't at least engage each other on the subject is another. That decision could be coming quicker than expected, with James having taken some interesting steps in preparation for the announcement.
George, a native of Southern California, and LeBron James are the focus of the Lakers free agent recruiting efforts. The Los Angeles Lakers will receive serious consideration too, sources said.
The stakes are much higher for the Lakers as LeBron and Kawhi are also up-for-grab this off-season - the former through free-agency, the latter via trade.
For the first time in ages, Sixers fans can feel proud of the team's progress during the National Basketball Association offseason.
In social media fashion, National Basketball Association and Spurs fans alike responded to the birthday wish with mostly savage replies. Throw Hart in there.
Kawhi is possibly the ticket to bringing in LeBron.
Just after noon on Thursday, the betting odds swung drastically in favor of the Lakers, with Los Angeles emerging as a -300 favorite to land James. The Lakers may have to convince the stubborn Spurs to part ways with Kawhi quickly by making a substantial offer that may make Lakers fans feel uneasy. The fact that not many teams have cap room could lead to some interesting contracts this summer.
- Supreme Court's sales tax decision will benefit small, local businesses
- Everything you need to know about the World Cup’s fair play tiebreaker
- Socialist candidate pulls a ‘seismic political upset’ against Democratic party boss
- Honda strike earns Japan draw with Senegal
- Immigration bill's demise shows holes in Trump's uneven lobbying strategy
- The German dressing-room divide might explain their World Cup exit
- Reiner warns that Trump court nominee will vote to strip away rights
- Injured Romelu Lukaku a doubt for England clash
- Jeremy Hunt rebuke for Airbus over threat to leave UK
- Mexico fans share tequila with South Korea ambassador after shock Germany exit