He played all 82 games for the first time in his career, and still dragged a mediocre Cavaliers roster to the NBA Finals, where they were swept away by Golden State. Both players enjoyed plenty of success the first time around and eventually won back-to-back championships in Miami.
The Lakers are also working hard to acquire Kawhi Leonard. Reports suggest the 27-year-old wants to move to Los Angeles, where he grew up.
"It's not if LeBron will fit in, it's everybody else", said Bogut, who played seasons with the Cavaliers and the Lakers before moving to the Sydney Kings for the upcoming NBL season. This move seemed to be inevitable after months of speculation that he would leave the Cleveland Cavaliers and head to L.A. where he owns a home and where he can align his business interests.
The cheapest Lakers season tickets on StubHub before James' announcement were $3,499 each.
By leaving the NBA's much weaker East, LeBron has entered a Western Conference loaded with talent, making it much harder for him to keep his finals streak alive.
Trades for other stars will be on the table for the Lakers, but it's unclear what other moves they could make in free agency right now.
The Cavaliers had hoped to re-sign James, who has appeared in eight consecutive National Basketball Association finals.
Snoop is one of the Lakers' best-known supporters and shared an image of LeBron alongside some of the team's most legendary former players.
The ball still may be in Cleveland's court. Earlier this season, James was flattered when a Pennsylvania company paid for three billboards in OH urging James to come to Philadelphia, where the club has been abiding by a "Trust The Process" mantra while rebuilding.
WASHINGTON, USA - LeBron James has already beaten the odds just by rising from the poor son of a single teenage mother to become one of the world's highest paid sports superstars. Paul George reportedly made it known previous year that he planned on joining the Lakers this summer, so the Indiana Pacers traded him to the Oklahoma City Thunder.
The Lakers will likely have to give up two of their young stars to acquire Leonard - possibly Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma - and neglect to re-sign point guard Isaiah Thomas, which could be a blessing in disguise.
- Socialist candidate pulls a ‘seismic political upset’ against Democratic party boss
- Erdogan Wins, Stays in Power As Turkey's President
- Sales tax invasion: Retailers drafted as tax collecters
- Croatia advance with win against Iceland
- The German dressing-room divide might explain their World Cup exit
- Political Newcomer Ocasio-Cortez Upsets Incumbent
- Heat index values likely to top 100 today
- Mondial 2018 : EDF, Sampaoli répond à Deschamps pour Messi
- Woman Says She Warned Cops About Annapolis Shooting Suspect
- Immigration bill's demise shows holes in Trump's uneven lobbying strategy