This year, Prime Day will feature double the deals on Amazon devices, with the biggest deals on Alexa-enabled products like Echo, Fire TV and Fire tablets, home security and Echo devices with screens. Amazon will also offer new content through its Prime Video as well as Prime music app leading up to the sale.
Amazon Prime Day originally came about as a celebration of Amazon's 20th anniversary back in 2015 and has always taken place in July.
Personally, I'm more interested in seeing what Amazon may do with Whole Foods - a store renowned for not offering deals - than any sale it could offer online. In 2017, the company held a 30-hour event, so this year will have an extra 6 hours of fun, and the deals are actually starting right now with $100 off the Echo Show and more. Members will also receive exclusive in-game prizes for Warframe and PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS. For the first time, customers across several cities in India can experience new products & entertainment specials launching on Prime Day in Virtual Reality.
Prime Video, DVDs and Blu-Ray - Save up to 50 percent on popular movies and TV shows on digital, DVD and Blu-Ray. This is the easiest way to preview, track and shop those limited time Lightning Deals while at home or on-the-go with deal alerts on the Amazon App.
Amazon uses the day to create buzz, gin up sales, and recruit more people into a program many shoppers already consider indispensable.
A few days ago, Amazon UK mistakenly leaked a marketing image that revealed Prime Day 2018 would start on July 16th, a day after this year's World Cup tournament ends.
And remember, no matter how good the discount, if it's not something you really need, it isn't really a deal.
AMAZONAmazon Prime Day 2018 deals: When is it?
We expect it's unlikely that you'll see big component deals during the sale (never say never), but promotions for video games and other electronics are a distinct possibility.
"We continue to be humbled by the response for Amazon and specifically the response to Prime", Ghani said.
Prime Day will include more than 1 million deals worldwide, an increase from "hundreds of thousands" of deals last year and over 100,000 the year before.
- Belgium avoid another World Cup shock with thrilling comeback win over Japan
- LeBron James signs for LA Lakers in $154MILLION DEAL
- Cristiano Ronaldo not thinking about retirement from global football
- These are the 5 victims of the Capital Gazette newspaper shooting
- Denmark out of World Cup after falling to Croatia on penalties
- Worry in the Uruguay camp over Cavani injury
- Neymar leads Brazil into seventh straight quarterfinal
- LeBron to join Lakers for $154 million over 4 years
- Details emerge in LeBron James' reported move to Los Angeles Lakers
- Suspect in Maryland newspaper to appear in court on 5 murder charges