Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo, left, and Portugal's Jose Fonte shake hand after their team was eliminated during the round of 16 match between Uruguay and Portugal at the 2018 soccer World Cup at the Fisht Stadium in Sochi, Russia, Saturday, June 30, 2018.
The World Cup for Argentina was a disaster, and Sampaoli was at the heart of their failures.
"Cavani, who has three goals this tournament, is now in a race to prove his fitness ahead of Uruguay's quarter-final clash against France on Friday in Nizhny". Sergio Aguero (90' +3), Angel Di Maria (41') and Gabriel Mercado (48') planted the ball in the net for Argentina.
With two goals already, Modric has been fundamental to how Croatia have played and he was exquisite in Croatia's 3-0 victory over Argentina in the group stages. "PSG were well represented but we're talking about the national team.in the right moments the forwards have the freedom to do what they do best and we hope tomorrow is a great day and Neymar is inspired, like the other players".
Ronaldo was powerless to stop European champions Portugal exiting Russian Federation 2018 on Saturday as Edinson Cavani's brace sent Uruguay into the quarter-finals.
Cristiano Ronaldo saw his World Cup dreams slip away once again on Saturday but gave no hint as to whether he plans to continue playing for Portugal.
Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 85 goals in 153 appearances, although when he plays for his country there is sometimes a feeling that he is both the problem and the solution and many perceive his goal celebrations as arrogant.
A brace from Edinson Cavani (in the 7th and 62nd minutes) secured Uruguay a place in the World Cup quarter.
"Cavani sustained an injury tonight and we will have to see how that evolves as it's not clear at this stage how serious it is", he said.
Hareide said his team would show far more thrust on Sunday. "That is our best chance against any adversary, and we know that France will be very tough indeed". The match will start at 17.00 Moscow Time.
The first one is Spain vs Russian Federation and the second one is Croatia vs Denmark.
"Something will be lost, but something will be gained".
"It's a shame if we don't (see Messi and Ronaldo at the next World Cup)".
- LeBron to join Lakers for $154 million over 4 years
- Belgium avoid another World Cup shock with thrilling comeback win over Japan
- Cristiano Ronaldo not thinking about retirement from global football
- Kane and England's new generation impress Granqvist
- LeBron James brings the LA Lakers what they crave the most: relevance
- Details emerge in LeBron James' reported move to Los Angeles Lakers
- Dan Gilbert has "nothing but appreciation and gratitude" for LeBron James
- National Basketball Association great LeBron James is heading to the Los Angeles Lakers
- Paul George opts out of contract, becomes unrestricted free agent
- Cristiano Ronaldo & Portugal Get Eliminated From The World Cup & Fans Are Shocked