"A new England" - Pickford's save in the shootout is the headline image of the I's back page, along with the caption: "Pickford's great save and Dier's cool head see Three Lions past Colombia in fret-ever World Cup shootout victory".
Jordan Henderson brilliantly apologised for missing a penalty in the World Cup shootout against Colombia. "This tournament I've changed that and stayed off social media as much as possible".
Eric Dier kept his composure in the Spartak Stadium, propelling the Three Lions to a famous 4-3 shoot-out win after it ended 1-1 after 90 minutes and extra time.
"It was nice to get that one off our back".
But England won a first shootout since Euro 96 to process to face the Swedes who had overcome Switzerland earlier on Tuesday.
Gareth Southgate has handed Kane the captain's armband for England's World Cup 2018 campaign, and he has led by example with five goals en route to the last 16.
Many outraged football fans pointed out that yesterday was the 24th anniversary of the death of Andres Escobar, who was shot dead after his own goal was blamed for sending Colombia home at the 1994 World Cup.
Kane set England on their way with a penalty in the 57th-minute in Moscow and it looked like that would be enough to book a quarter-final match against Sweden.
"I don't care if I'm not the biggest keeper, I've got that power and agility and I'm very good at penalties".
"Where we are slightly in danger of tripping ourselves up is looking too far ahead, and thinking they are going to be a pushover", added Daily Mirror chief football writer John Cross. I've got power and agility.
"To get knocked down like we did, it's hard to come back from that, but we were ready, we stayed calm, stuck to our plan and never panicked".
"Bring them on. majority have respect for us and we feel secure regardless of who we meet", striker Marcus Berg told reporters as he looked ahead to the last-eight encounter in Samara on Saturday.
- Syrian army gains in southwest, rebels begin peace talks
- Suspect in Maryland newspaper to appear in court on 5 murder charges
- Kane and England's new generation impress Granqvist
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Is Fighting Trump's Tariffs with Facts
- Colombia vs. England - Football Match Report
- DeMarcus Cousins joining Golden State Warriors
- Another giant falls as Russian Federation eliminate Spain
- Best reactions to Spain's shocking loss
- Dwight Howard Wants To Come Back To The Lakers & Play Alongside LeBron
- Neymar leads Brazil into seventh straight quarterfinal