Greenalalt said the temperatures expected today in the Cleveland area are about 8 to 10 degrees higher than the average 82 degrees for this time of year.
A cold front is approaching from the northwest, firing up a few thunderstorms as it inches closer.
Today was our heat wave day five, with the fourth day in a row of highs in the mid 90s and a dangerously high heat index of 109 in Philadelphia.
"It's good to be in the water, but I would say make sure you keep your hydration going and be somewhere where it's safe, where there are lifeguards watching the children", he added. The combination of high temperatures and high humidity will create a situation in which heat illnesses are possible.
Other areas may still feel like they're at or above 100 degrees because of the heat index, which indicates what the temperature feels like. The very young, elderly, those without air conditioning, and those participating in strenuous outdoor activities are the most susceptible. There is a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, with the best chances north and west of the Interstate 95 corridor.
After the refreshing weather along the coastal plain Monday, it is torrid at many east-facing beaches this afternoon. Although satellite images show some signs of organization, the disturbance is moving WNW toward an area unfavorable for tropical cyclone formation. More storms for Thursday before a shot of slight cooler but much less humid air builds in for Saturday and Sunday. Some relief can be found at the coastline where highs will be in the 80s.
Next week brings a warming trend with humidity still low on Monday before increasing by Tuesday.
The heat wave is expected to persist for six to eight days in many communities, according to AccuWeather, with peak intensity hitting Monday. Highs in the upper 80s. We can still expect high temperatures to top out in the low 90s Thursday and Friday with high humidity.
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Is Fighting Trump's Tariffs with Facts
- Lakers Dodged A Bullet Missing Out On Paul George
- Auto Tariffs Threaten to Ignite Authentic Economic 'Trade War'
- Colombia Vs. England Live Stream
- US, North Korean officials met Sunday
- Worry in the Uruguay camp over Cavani injury
- Neymar leads Brazil into seventh straight quarterfinal
- Japan's World Cup star Keisuke Honda and other footballers as cars
- Trump says North Korea talks 'going well'
- Colombia's Aguilar ruled out against Senegal due to injury