Sweden now faces England in the quarterfinals.
With that in mind, we turned it over to you, the readers, to tell us which quartet you think will make it through the quarter-finals and progress to the penultimate round.
There is a big possibility that when all is said and done on July 15 the World Cup trophy could be bearing the name of a first-time champion or a champion who has not won the title in a while. Sometimes you have to repeat a free-kick or whatever but when there are so many fouls and interruptions that's no good.
"We might not have the best team on paper or individually, but as a team we are very high achievers and this symbolises all of us".
A petition to have Colombia's round-of-16 defeat to England replayed has garnered almost 300,000 signatures.
Former Napoli and Barcelona forward Maradona unleashed a vicious tirade directed at the England team, accusing the side of theft, and that the whole event was a big Federation Internationale de Football Association stitch-up. "Also, England today have pace. It is hard but it's possible".
The heir to Zlatan Ibrahimovic finally delivered for Sweden at the World Cup. "I cheered Colombia's goal as if I had headed it myself". I am quite sure about that. There were many situations (at set-pieces), as expected, everyone knew it would like this.
Sweden, finalists in 1958, are competing in their first quarter-final since 1994.
"It'll be the most hard game they'll have played so far, they can bet on that".
"Sweden doesn't have a Kane or Sterling or Neymar".
The 21st edition of the FIFA World Cup has already been described by a significant chunk of football fans as being one of the greatest yet.
"They are probably the dirtiest team I've ever come up against", said Stones.
"This was special but I want us to go on", said Southgate, whose own penalty miss saw England lose to Germany in the semi-finals of Euro 96 at Wembley.
"Now it's about England on Saturday and we are all there with our full support behind them".
"I hope Sweden win of course", he said.
Some may feel sympathy for Colombia, but England will not care one bit.
Vardy, who entered as a substitute against Colombia in the round of 16, picked up a groin strain and needed an injection, leaving him uncertain for the next game. I hope Sweden but it is going to be very tight - 50-50.
- Gareth Southgate sends England warning ahead of Sweden World Cup clash
- Story of the match: England end shootout hoodoo with win over Colombia
- Brazil coach Tite not a fan of penalty shootouts
- Report Suggests Health Waning for Some of Boys Stuck in Thailand Cave
- Colombia Vs. England Live Stream
- Auto Tariffs Threaten to Ignite Authentic Economic 'Trade War'
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Is Fighting Trump's Tariffs with Facts
- Diego Maradona slams England for World Cup ‘theft’ against Colombia
- Former champion Kvitova makes early Wimbledon exit
- US, North Korean officials met Sunday