England's Dele Alli scores their second goal in their 2-0 win over Sweden in the quarterfinals of the World Cup in Russian Federation.
"England are a strong team, especially at set-pieces", Andersson said at a post-match conference.
Now, England takes on Croatia for a spot in the finals.
England's win over Colombia on penalties in the last 16 was their first ever World Cup penalty shootout success.
But even that goal failed to wake the game from its slumber, as both teams continued to battle like two boxing featherweights (this was no heavyweight fight), with each sizing up the other but in no mood to deliver the final punch.
Sweden last made it to the semifinals in 1994. In saying that England are still not creating enough clear-cut chances and know this ultimately catch them out against the best teams, of which Croatia are one. "Let's play the game and see how things go".
"It was a really super cross from Jesse, and Dele is at his best when he makes those runs". "I don't think many expected Sweden would be in the quarterfinal at the World Cup", Granqvist said.
Like several of his team-mates Alli has experienced life away from football's top table and was plying his trade with MK Dons during the last World Cup.
Sweden have made 140 defensive clearances at Russian Federation 2018, more than any other team.
"Well, it's fun for England to have that sort of confidence. We are privileged to be here and to be England manager is an honour". "To get through the two games this week we needed all of that".
"That we as a team have done very well".
After the game, Harry Maguire said: "It was my first global goal on the biggest stage of them all".
England are into the semi-finals of the World Cup after beating Sweden 2-0 in Samara on Saturday afternoon.
"We said we want to write our own history and hopefully we can go one step further and get to the final", Kane said. "I feel like if the togetherness is still there, which it is always, we control our ability on the pitch".
- Four boys brought to safety, rescue operations to resume soon
- EU’s Tusk criticizes Trump over attitude on European allies
- Hamilton rages at Mercedes after Austria woe
- England confirm interesting kit choice for World Cup semi-final with Croatia
- Britain's Gove says Brexit plan is a realistic compromise
- Top scorers meet best defence in Brazil v Belgium clash
- Thierry Henry can be difference against his own nation
- Hazard to go up against adopted France of his hero Zidane
- Brexit Secretary David Davis resigns
- Mercedes ignites war of words with Ferrari over British GP incident