"Stop that, you'll bring us bad luck" he was reprimanded before the group of friends broke out into the chant of the night - "We're in the final".
"Maybe it will be a more hard match than against Brazil". "I really want my thirst for victory to come across to them".
I begged my parents to let me stay up late to watch the quarter-final, only for Maradona's cheating/genius to scotch England's chances. I find it impossible how Croatia can play back-to-back extra time and penalties, and then come again.
In the latest in a series of controversies, former worldwide Ognjen Vukojevic was kicked out of their delegation on Monday and fined by Federation Internationale de Football Association for posting a pro-Ukraine video clip following their penalty shootout victory over Russia on Saturday.
She hasn't got one wrong yet and correctly picked the result of seven out of seven games so far.
Is it a case of holding on?
Croatia takes on England in the tournament's second semifinal match Wednesday at 2 pm ET. Croatia have to be a like a boxer, coming out swinging, they have to hit the front. One punter has $55,000 riding on any previous victor lifting the trophy at $1.27 for a potential return of $69,850.
In terms of the team selection, don't fix something that isn't breaking. "This has been the topic of discussion for the past 20 years", Dalic said. "And in my role I've got the eyes into Euro 2020 so it's not the right moment to make an assessment (about the team's performance in World Cup) just yet".
"He told me I'd done the other side (of the game) well and it wasn't negative".
They are now ranked 20th in the world - eight spots behind England who are 12th. But it's nobody's fault.
"You want to be the best person as well as being a good player", added Alli.
"We're going to the final, we're going to the final", scores chanted in one central Paris bar before breaking out into an impromptu rendition of the La Marseillaise national anthem.
- Japan floods: Death toll mounts to 176
- England fans in Moscow: It’s our year
- Defending Wimbledon champion Federer ousted in quarter-final
- May presses on with Brexit plan after high-profile resignations
- Croatia star Modric expects a tough game against a 'strong' England
- England could still win the 2022 World Cup in Qatar
- Croatia 'ready' for France, says Dalic
- England's inexperience shows as World Cup dream is dashed
- Prince Louis slept through his christening: Best pictures from the ceremony
- Anderson stuns Federer in quarter-final cliffhanger