'In the second half we had to weather the storm a bit.
"Coach Zlatko Dalić has done a wonderful job, all the players are united and they're playing well".
The England central defender has seen his stock rise no end after a magnificent World Cup where his performances have helped his country to the last four of the tournament. Three times now we've been a goal down and have come back, and that really says a lot about our team spirit.
George Lee, 59, from Hull, also backed Southgate's young team to get to the final, predicting a 2-1 win.
The 2018 FIFA World Cup kicked off on June 14 and will continue until July 15, with the final set to be played at Moscow's Luzhniki Stadium.
He said: "We thought we'd do well because you've got all the youngsters in now, you know there's no superstars where they just walk about, "I can do what I like".
England lost much of their first-half momentum after the break.
"Semi-finals, they've done what they had to do, they took us to the semi-finals".
"Hold your heads high": The Telegraph focuses on the positives of England's run and Kane's insistence that "this is just the start".
"Pride of Lions": Southgate comforts Danny Rose at the final whistle as England are "defiant but defeated" by Croatia.
"That speaks volumes in itself". You give everything you have, build friendships with your team, give everything for your country and play in a way that you hope connects with the fans.
Hyde Park was a mess as everyone went home.
"Maybe [that was] a outcome of being ahead and being the least experienced team in the tournament with the chance to get to a World Cup final", he added.
"It's been fantastic until now".
"Now we have another chance to do something even better".
Nick Branch, 35, joked: "I'm a West Ham fan so I'm used to disappointment".
"We've come an incredibly long way in a short space of time", Southgate told a press conference after the match.
- Croatia star Modric expects a tough game against a 'strong' England
- England's inexperience shows as World Cup dream is dashed
- Trump lashes Germany over gas pipeline deal, calls it Russia's 'captive'
- Trump brands Germany a "captive of Russian Federation ", days before he meets Putin
- Party time as Paris celebrates Cup semi-final win
- NFL's 2018 supplemental draft will take place July 11
- Too early to take positives for proud England boss Southgate
- Comeback kings Croatia have unfinished business at the World Cup
- Prince Louis slept through his christening: Best pictures from the ceremony
- England - Croatia: the main defender of "Dnepr" may miss the match