One of the loudest criticisms of the previous-generation model was that, as rival Windows laptops got more and more potent, Apple wasn't updating its chips. According to Apple, the updated MacBook Pro 13 should deliver twice the performance of its predecessors with 7th Gen Intel chips.
Along with the new MacBook Pros, Cupertino is launching new, official leather sleeves for the devices. Plus Apple is expected to launch updated AirPod headphones and the new AirPower charging mat.
Meanwhile, the MacBook Pro can be updated with macOS Mojave, the latest version of macOS, this fall.
We can't say until the models show up in the channel, including Apple's own Stores, later this week.
That's a fair bit, but Kuo's tech foresight keeps giving as he suggested that the AirPods, beloved of Apple berks commuting on the London Underground, will get an upgrade and have larger displays.
It's finally here. If you are like me and have been long waiting for a new MacBook Pro, you will no longer have to wait much further - Apple has just taken the wraps off its new, refreshed MacBook Pros. Or, you could kick it up another notch entirely if you elect to splurge on the beastly six-core i9 with an unheard of (in a Mac) 4.8GHz clock speed (using turbo boost). Storage can be maxed out at 2TB. But while the updated MacBooks have an "improved third-generation" keyboard that it promises will be quieter, the company has stayed committed to its key design. The price of the 15-inch version is not available yet.
The MacBook Pro's Retina display features 500 nits of brightness, support for P3 wide colour gamut, now also has True Tone display, making it the best display on a Mac. Apple also points out that the retooled MacBook Pro can compile code faster and run multiple virtual machines and test environments easier than ever.
Plus, bumping the RAM from 16GB to 32GB adds another $400. The unit will bring high-end desktop-class graphics processing to MacBook Pro for professional video workflows while also being the first to support Thunderbolt 3 displays.
- May hopes Trump visit will boost US-UK links
- Exhausted Croatia must draw on reserves for World Cup final against France
- Trump says he is ‘stable genius’ after securing extra North Atlantic Treaty Organisation funding
- Croatia rallies past England to reach World Cup final
- England's Kane misses out on golden shot at World Cup title
- Royal Newlyweds Make First Foreign Trip Since Wedding
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation summit: Trump hails alliance spending promises after crisis meeting
- Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, rocked many looks during Ireland visit
- Celebrities say England team did country proud after semi-final defeat
- Battle begins over Trump’s Supreme Court pick