"I mean, we're out there playing soccer at night and hanging out".
He grew up close to another major championship which awards its victor a Green Jacket instead of the Claret Jug up for grabs this week but as much as he loves the Masters he would take an Open victory without any complaints.
It was a good day for Kisner in Carnoustie, and it seems his good times extend beyond the course.
"You get to places like Augusta National, where it's just a big ballpark, and the golf course outgrows you, unfortunately", Woods continued.
"Worked really hard on my speed, which is always the hardest thing for us to get accustomed to here, " he said.
Kevin Kisner of the USA plays a shot on the 15th hole during the first round of the British Open Golf Championship in Carnoustie, Scotland on Thursday. He saved par with a 10-footer at the ninth, then made his first bogey at the 10th when he drove into a fairway bunker. He made bogey there before a par-par finish that could have been a punctuation mark on the 18th going into the weekend.
"You've got the tee times are in there and I was at like 1.30, " he told Golf Australia. I think with some of the spots I hit it off the tee I would take it. "And when Hideki hits a 3-wood 400 yards into a burn, you know it's kind of quick". Tiger went out with a 1-over 37 but came home in 1-under 34 on the tougher side of the course.
He showed equally deft touch on the next hole, the par-5 6th, giving himself a look at birdie with his third shot from a bunker where he short sided himself into a tricky downhill slope. Carnoustie features just two par-5s, and the long-hitting Finau birdied both.
Johnson holed a 30-foot birdie putt on the 18th and had a one-shot clubhouse lead over Tommy Fleetwood at the midway point of the second round.
The US Open runner-up made a confident start as he followed three pars with birdies at the fourth and fifth, and another at the ninth took him to the turn in 33 before he got further putts to drop at 111 and 14.
"I putted so badly at the Greenbrier (he finished 55th two weeks ago), and I just really worked hard at it, " Kisner said. "It's a great feeling when those putts are going in".
But Koepka played like an entirely different golfer on the back nine, shooting four birdies in the first five holes.
"I couldn't say which way, if [Tiger's] neck needs relaxing or stimulating, but that's the first time I have ever seen Tiger with KT tape very visible", Faldo said.
- Trump talks tougher, now says he warned Putin on meddling
- White House says ‘threat’ from Russian Federation still exists
- Trump claims he 'misspoke' on Russia meddling
- "It's not too late to save Brexit", Johnson tells United Kingdom parliament
- Europe, Japan sign massive free trade deal in message to Trump
- Kerber beats Serena in straight sets to wins 1st-ever Wimbledon title
- China economic growth slows to 6.7 pc in second quarter
- One 'Oddball' Among 12 Newfound Moons Discovered Orbiting Jupiter
- Amazon Prime Day top-selling items
- Geraint Thomas attacks, takes Tour de France lead ahead of Chris Froome