"This guy understands story and character more than any director I know, whether it's a horror movie or a superhero movie", Wilson, whose character appears face-to-face with Jason Momoa's Aquaman in the trailer, told the panel.
Momoa, who stars as Aquaman, seemed to be as excited as those in the 6,500-seat audience, if not more so.
"My heart is big and open and I'm so proud of it". "I'm really, really happy". Are things better down where it's wetter? So, why a superhero movie?
Clips via Warner Bros.
Not only do we get to see Aquaman in action, but fans of the comic book will recognize Mera (played by Amber Heard) as well. They are joined by costume designer Kym Barrett ("The Matrix" trilogy, "The Amazing Spider-Man") and composer Rupert Gregson-Williams ("Wonder Woman").
"Wonder Woman 1984" hits theaters on November 1, 2019. Footage of The Lego Movie 2 and Wonder Woman 1984 were also screened during the event. The film is set for release on April 5th 2019.
She also explained why she chose to set the new film in the '80s.
"Obviously this is whole origin story". "I am just an aura of emotional support for my friends". In Billy Batson's (Asher Angel) case, by shouting out one word-SHAZAM!-this streetwise 14-year-old foster kid can turn into the adult Super Hero Shazam (Zachary Levi), courtesy of an ancient wizard. "We can be anybody, we can be who we want, we can be superheroes, because in many ways we are".
By the time he'd finished recording his voice part he was a Hollywood star and a Marvel superhero.
- 147TH BRITISH OPEN Back to pack
- Tiger Woods speaks out after stunning third-round Open Championship performance
- Coca-Cola Zero, Play-Doh among Singapore's best-selling items on Amazon's Prime Day
- Trump threatens tariffs on all $505bn of Chinese imports
- British Open 2018 Tiger Woods updates
- Jordan Spieth hoping for hair-raising day with Tiger Woods after close shave
- Epic Games Celebrating its First Fortnite's Birthday Celebration
- British Open leaderboard breakdown: Full coverage, scores, Round 3 highlights
- Intel leader Coats says he intended no disrespect to Trump
- Heat expect Carmelo Anthony to sign with the Rockets